Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: ***AUGUST Monthly Sketch Challenge: OPEN and SCRAPPING!!***        (Topic#1589791)
jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

Welcome to the Monthly Sketch Challenge!!

One of my favorite & most used tools in my scrapbooking happens to be sketches. I've been using them for years & love how a great sketch makes my pages so much simpler to put together--especially when you feel like you're out of inspiration for the LO you want to create. So this challenge is for anyone in need of a little creative jump-start or inspirational push to get them back to preserving those treasured memories...and it's for those of you who like me, have used sketches and know how valuable a creative tool they can be! : )

Ready to Play? If so, here's how!

1. Reply to this topic & let me know you are game!

2. At the start of each month I will post a series of sketches. You will have UNTIL THE CLOSING DATE OF THE CHALLENGE to complete, upload & share your scrappy creations w/the rest of us!!
**This Challenge will now end @11:59pm sb.com time on the last day of each month.

3. Any type of LO, whether traditionally made w/paper or digitally created, that is 6x6 or larger is welcome!

4. Players may join at anytime during the month and DO NOT have to complete all of the sketches posted.

5. COMMENTS~Everyone loves to get comments, but it is NOT a requirement of participation in this challenge & it is entirely up to each individual player to leave them or not.

6.BONUS SKETCHES!~Wednesday is now Bonus Sketch Day!! That means I will post an additional sketch every Wednesday of the month for your scrappin' pleasure! It will be entirely up to YOU whether you choose to do the bonus sketches~they are completely OPTIONAL and are only being provided for additional inspiration!*~

**~You are also always welcome to play along just for fun & all the scrappy inspiration & share your LO's whenever you complete them.

***~Public Embedding and Uploading to Challenge~***

1. Once your LO is uploaded to the gallery Go to your gallery and click on it.
2. Under small pic of LO check box for "Allow PUBLIC EMBEDDING"
3. Click "SUBMIT

NEXT, to Upload to the Challenge Thread...
1. First click on the LO you want to upload.
2. Scroll down to the "Share & Link" box on the RIGHT side of the page. Click the "Link/Embed image" option.
3. A Box will open up with a small pic of your LO. Where it says 'Embed This Image' select "IMG CODE" above the image.
4. RIGHT CKICK and COPY the code it gives you. (please increase the size of the image to Large to make it easier to see)
5. Go to Challenge
6. Go to any Reply Box and RIGHT CLICK and then PASTE the code.

~WELCOME & HAPPY SCRAPPIN'!!

***AUGUST SKETCHES***

1. AUGUST2013MSC-#1 By Jamariel

2. AUGUST2013MSC-#2 By Jamariel

3. AUGUST2013MSC-#3 By Jamariel

4. AUGUST2013MSC-4 By Jamariel

~**BONUS SKETCHES**~

1. Aug2013MSC:Week1BonusSket ch! By Jamariel

2. Aug2013MSC:Week2BonusSket ch By Jamariel

Edited by jamariel on 08-14-13 07:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

FYI: Made a couple changes this month in an effort to help me better keep up w/running this challenge. Going to give a shot at posting all the sketches for the month at the start of the challenge, except the bonus sketches, and see how that works out. That way I'm not stressing over missing any postings, and you will all have an idea at the start of the month which sketches we will be working with. I will also no longer be posting all the participant's LO's on the front page of the challenge thread anymore. However, I think I'm going to reserve the right to highlight a few different players LO's each month that I think are either solid examples of the sketches given, or that are an interesting/out-of-the-sc rappy-box take on the sketches posted, so you will still have the opportunity from time to time, to be featured on the front page of the challenge.
I sincerely hope these changes will improve the running of this challenge as well as all of your experiences participating in it!

Now to pick out our sketches!!!

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to jamariel

Ok ill give it ago

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to julie101

Welcome Julie!

GREAT pic of you w/Tim Holtz!!!! Just LUV him!! ; )

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-01-13 03:27 AM
In response to jamariel

Yay! you picked some great sketches Jamie.

I am feeling ambitious this month so I want to try.

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to GMFTS

i wanna play too please.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to YourScrapAttack

Welcome ladies! looking forward to seeing your takes on the sketches.

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4
In response to jamariel

I'm in

swonders
Diva
swonders
In response to TexasMomOf4

I'm in!!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to YourScrapAttack

I'm playing!
love the sketches! it's a little strange to see them all posted at once, but the bonus ones should boost the inspiration later in the month))

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to OlesyaK.

Love the sketches!!! Hope I have time!

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to Doreena

me please

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to beck_bear

I would like in and I think the changes are fun!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to justowen

Me please!! Thanks!! Welcome back, Jami!! Thanks Char for filling in last month!!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to FinallyMama

I'll try to be in - have 2 craft fairs to prep for & an order for 230 Christmas cards - so we'll see how it goes - I may only get one done again

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to charcats7

I'd like to play please!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to sasload4

Whoohoo! Welcome everyone!!

Char, did you say 230 Christmas Cards...??? Oh my...

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

So, anyone else scrapping 2nite? If so what are you working on??

I am so excited to finally be working on a project again after a 6 month hiatus, lol!! Getting back into my scrappy groove w/a project for my heritage album using pics I recently acquired from my mom of my dad's parents when they were young & in love....*thinking to self: that would actually make a great title for the LO I'm working on*...

Now 2 check out the challenge forums 4 August. BBL

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to jamariel

Welcome back, Jami. Love the sketches--now to get scrapping!

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to scrapperbee

I'm in but with that I am off to bed. Will start on these probably this weekend. Night all

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics