Username Post: Northridge publishing... nightmare or fraud??? Beware        (Topic#1589819)
pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

I ordered a subscription for Cricut mag from Northridge publishing 6 months ago. I have received one shipment from them and it included 3 issues that were several months in the past. I never received a July or Aug. issue and have contacted them dozens of times. Beware... they refuse to offer a refund and have not responded to my messages about receiving my mags. On their site, they state that they do not guarantee that you will ever get your magazines. This is the absolute worst craft related purchase I have ever made. Anybody else have trouble with them?

Edited by pinkpaperairedale on 08-01-13 10:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to pinkpaperairedale

They take your money but don't guarantee the goods? Isn't that against regulations?

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to RedSquirrel

Write them and copy the Attorney General's office of their state. They should have a consumer protection division. (Sometimes just showing that as a CC: at the bottom of a letter is enough, even if you don't actually send out the copy!)

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to dwelch

I am not giving up. It is just too odd that in their "rules" it states that there will never be a refund and they do not guarantee that they will be able to ship your orders. I went to the BBB website and saw numerous complaints and problems. They are all similar to mine. Many people also state that they automatically bill you for several years even though they have not provided the products you have purchased. One person even said that she had to go as far as to cancel her credit card completely in order to keep them from billing her. So... if anyone here is thinking about ordering from them... check everything out very carefully and read every single word before making any purchases....just my opinion. Their mags are so gorgeous and it's a shame that they did not send them to me even though I have paid in full.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 08-02-13 07:11 AM
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I had an issue where they automatically renewed. I finally just sent an e-mail that said do not automatically renew and that did it. I have to say, I did receive all of my magazines.

Edited by vawm on 08-02-13 07:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to vawm

I had subscribed to several of their magazines. When they announced that all of them would now be digital, I called to cancel the remainder of my subscriptions. They did not offer a refund, only a "gift card" for a related scrapbooking website. They did include an offer for back issues of print magazines, which I took in addition to the "gift card."

The website for the gift card does not have anything I'm really interested in. The only exception is a hardware item that is currently out of stock, and I'm waiting for it to be back in stock before I can order.

Of the back issue magazines, I had ordered 10 and received only 7. I called several times and only got one or two magazines. Tried again a couple of days ago using their on-line chat and am hoping to get the last 2 magazines delivered.

Also hope the gift card will work. It was for over $140.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Solitaire

ugh, sounds like a nightmare!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics