Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: August Budget Challenge        (Topic#1589831)
Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Welcome to the August Budget Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on.

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed the twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Kamananui

Im in so good last month spent nothing

Budget $100

Wish List SVG files, and what ever catches my eye

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

well my budget will be $100
wishlist - SU Christmas preorder snowflakes dies and stamps, snowflake brads, papers, silver ribbon

and I spent $60 ordering this stuff about 10 mins ago! woohoo

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Ladybing Tammy

$100 budget

CTMH party $ 30 spent yesterday

Wishlist Nothing specific just stuff

that leaves me $70

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

just stuff love it!

So what did you buy from Ctmh?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

The lola card making kit and some chipboard hexagons.
I booked a party too so I can get the new Cricut cart at a discount.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to tinadn

Well Im busted in a big way hubby left me do any order and it arrived on Friday

New Supplies By Julie101
New Paper Packs By Julie101

Paper By Julie101

Basic Grey and More By Julie101

Scrapbooking Kits By Julie101

All Basic Grey By Julie101

$450 later so Im well over opps lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

ummm wow Julie (and I think I see some BG Oliver elements there - my absolute fave).

(I think we need a new challenge - who has the biggest spend in a month - wowzers - just envious here). Now make something quick and share it here please - you just have so many gorgeous goodies.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Please count me in!

My budget for August will be $200.

High Priority Items:

- EK Success Starry Night Corner Punch
- Heat Gun
- Large MS Score Board
- Unity Stamp Set - Shine On
- Unity Stamp Set - Growing in Unity
- Doodlebug 8 x 8 Swimming Pool Storybook Album

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to mrsrogers52513

wow Julie!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Julie, you do realize this a budget challenge, right?

I think I busted too. Heck, I haven't even set a budget yet and think I busted. Yesterday was Art Unraveled and there was some really cool, eclectic stuff there that you can't find here, Ms, Js, HL, so I had to buy it right? I'll have to total my purchases later, but my budget was supposed to be $100. I'm going to give myself $30 to last the rest of the month.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Tammy, I haven't seen the new SU stuff yet. I'm scared to look!

Tina, the new CTMH cart is freaking amazing.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

I agree

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

yes I too am loving the new CTMH stuff but they don't sell it here!

There is some stuff in SU I love Kelly and some that makes me go right okay - not happening. But there is something for everyone.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Julie, you do realize this a budget challenge, right?

I think I busted too. Heck, I haven't even set a budget yet and think I busted. Yesterday was Art Unraveled and there was some really cool, eclectic stuff there that you can't find here, Ms, Js, HL, so I had to buy it right? I'll have to total my purchases later, but my budget was supposed to be $100. I'm going to give myself $30 to last the rest of the month.

Yep lol

But I swear it shouldn't count cause it wasn't my money it was hubby's

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Tammy, I haven't seen the new SU stuff yet. I'm scared to look!

Tina, the new CTMH cart is freaking amazing.

Im so happy that CTMH is now in Australia I cant wait to get my hand on the new cricut cartridge

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to julie101

HOW did I miss this challenge??? And WHY is Julie already in the hole $350?! It wasn't even a week Julie!!

BTW, LOVE the BG Oliver kit! I don't have the element stickers so if you feel the need to send 'em my way, by all means!

My budget should be $0, but again, that's unrealistic since I already spent $23 on liquidation goodies at scrapbuck.com!
AAAAnnnnddd, I just got an email that Expo tix are going on sale in 10 days (sigh). I checked out the workshops and there are a few I am eyeing... so have to build that into my budget too...

Budget: $100
Wishlist: BOY punches (all mine are girlie!), BB KeyLime set, AC Wood pieces, When I was a Kid Cartridge, Expo Workshop, anything I can't resist!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

NOW... for what I bought... LOL

FYI Scrapbuck.com is liquidating their stock as they are closing! They have lots of old BG (including Oliver and Olivia, Tammy!!) all around $0.19-0.27 each and free US shipping over $20. For the $23 I spent, I got 90 items!!!! Not to enable, but that's kinda a no-brainer!

I got BG Eerie, Oliver, Olivia, Origins, Oxford, Max & Whiskers, Indie Bloom, Jovial, and Hello Lucious papers as well as some letter rub ons and chippies, giant Bazzill brads and a few other papers from LYB, K&Co and FP!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

WELL... I just saw I won the Cricut cart on evilbay too!! Soooo... Here is my NEW total:

Budget: $100-23=$77-26=$51
Wishlist: BOY punches (all mine are girlie!), BB KeyLime set, AC Wood pieces, When I was a Kid Cartridge, Expo Workshop, anything I can't resist!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

I love to order from scrapbuck.com. I read somewhere they are hoping to be bought out and reopen. Fingers crossed!!

Sonja what cart did you get?

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics