Username Post: How often?        (Topic#1589903)
bonprof
Idol
bonprof

How often do you look at your completed albums? I love looking at mine and get such a kick out of my ever changing style.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to bonprof

I love looking at mine, too. As I was adding a LO to one of my albums this morning I was just thinking that I don't look at them nearly enough.

Actually, I have one that I look at fairly frequently but my others get neglected.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to crichards1

I looked through my first scrapbook last week and I must say, I cringed. The blade on my trimmer obviously needed to be changed because edges are "rough" and not inked. Things are just thrown on the page - all I did was mat.

I didn't trim or cut pictures so most pages had 4 pictures and a title with the pictures being matted.

However, the book was full of wonderful memories. I asked Bill if he wanted to see it and he did. He really enjoyed it - kept making comments - "Oh yeah, that is where that restaurant was" or "we were only together for a month when we went there!" - lots of "I had forgotten we did that" and "I remember this".

We talked about how much we are going to enjoy our books when we get older. We love to travel and when we can't travel anymore - every and picture is in there and every trip thoroughly documented so we can go back to Egypt and India and Australia and Italy all the other wonderful places we visited through our scrapbooks.

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to Henri Jean

What a lovely entry! It is a true testament to the bottom line: what really matters is the story.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 08-04-13 07:50 AM
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
I looked through my first scrapbook last week and I must say, I cringed. The blade on my trimmer obviously needed to be changed because edges are "rough" and not inked. Things are just thrown on the page - all I did was mat.

I didn't trim or cut pictures so most pages had 4 pictures and a title with the pictures being matted.

However, the book was full of wonderful memories. I asked Bill if he wanted to see it and he did. He really enjoyed it - kept making comments - "Oh yeah, that is where that restaurant was" or "we were only together for a month when we went there!" - lots of "I had forgotten we did that" and "I remember this".

We talked about how much we are going to enjoy our books when we get older. We love to travel and when we can't travel anymore - every and picture is in there and every trip thoroughly documented so we can go back to Egypt and India and Australia and Italy all the other wonderful places we visited through our scrapbooks.

So well stated! The memories definitely overcome our perceived technique weaknesses!

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to bonprof

I love going back and looking at my albums because they hold memories. I love the stories that I have been able to document. I,too, see some pages and LOs that make me want to cringe. It helps to remind me to work on a page until it makes me smile.

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to idlewoman

Yes, have done my share of cringing. Now, if it is possible i go back and redo the layout, but only the fairly recent ones. When i started my grandson's first book, i had very little skill in my layouts. But there is tons of journaling on those pages. What matters is the story.

bbarthej
Veteran
bbarthej
In response to bonprof

Love this topic... I look at mine all the time. My style has changed so much since I started 3 years ago (for the better - thank goodness). Sometimes I want to redo entire albums, but... I don't because I'm sure my kids and husband could care less if I didn't chalk or mat or embellish enough. It's all about creating memories, right??

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to bbarthej

I look at mine when ever I get the urge. but I don't do it often enough.... I do how ever have a few friends that love looking at them

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to dorichatelain

I love looking at mine to just see how far I've come with my papercrafting. And to relive the memories, of course!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics