Username Post: this is just a thought        (Topic#1589977)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

i wish the made more pattered 8.5x11 paper. every so often i could use some.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to cescrapper

You could always buy the 12x12 and cut it to size, then use the left-over strips to mat photos that you're putting on solid paper, or make strips as accent pieces on solid layouts. Those left-over pieces would also make great cards if you are into those.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
You could always buy the 12x12 and cut it to size, then use the left-over strips to mat photos that you're putting on solid paper, or make strips as accent pieces on solid layouts. Those left-over pieces would also make great cards if you are into those.

good idea, thanks

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to cescrapper

No, I totally agree. I am making my Genealogy Books in 8.5x11. I did find a 8.5 x 11 pad I love at HL. It's The Paper Studio brand called Poetic Postage. I got two of those. It's awesome to just pick the paper and tear it out and not have to cut it and it is also beautifully embossed. I also buy a lot of 8.5x11 cardstock so I don't have to cut before I use it in my Grand Calibur to cut my dies. I would love to find some more designs like Poetic Postage but most of that size is primary colors, graphic designs, etc. Not what I use. M's does have a set of Kraft paper prints I like.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to CrimsonMama

I've found a bunch of 8.5 x 11 PP Packs at Michaels, HL, and Jo's. Even though I prefer 12 x 12 papers, I got some because I really liked the papers. DCWV, Paper Studio, and Paper House have been the ones I've been seeing lately.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to mrsrogers52513

I think it used to be more common. More scrappers use 12x12, so manufacturers have likely cut back on producing the smaller size. Simple supply and demand.

As mentioned above, CUT IT!
Of course, there's 6x6 and 8x8 paper available.

Hot off the Press/Paper Wishes still carries a selection of 8 1/2 x 11 patterned paper.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics