Username Post: Scraponizer        (Topic#1589985)
crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

I need some way to organize my flowers. Right now I'm keeping them in their original packaging but that doesn't seem like the most efficient way. I came across the Scraponizer and thought it looked like something that would work. I was curious what those of you thought who have used it. Would it work for flowers? I'm thinking the four compartment one would work best, but they don't seem to carry it separately so am considering the three compartment one. I'd like to organize them by color. Also, does anyone know if one of the big box stores carries them? I'd really like to see them in person before buying them.

If anyone has a different suggestion I'd be interested in that, too. Thanks.

Edited by crichards1 on 08-06-13 08:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to crichards1

I have 8 of them. I have the 2,3,4, & 8 sectioned ones. I believe I had to get them online, maybe Archivers. They are quite slender and do not hold a lot of stuff, but flowers would be ideal. They would be easy to see, for sure. I keep my flowers on my Clip It Up and in a large Art Bin container. I ended up using the Scraponizers for crops when I needed to bring a lot of small things for multiple layouts.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to 950nancy

I use the Scraponizer system for my chipboard/wood/diecut embellishments....
They work great but they are only an inch or so thick so I'm not sure how they would work for flowers....might get squished....

I bought mine from the store here so I'm not sure if any box stores carry them....

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to kiyawinn

I'll have to look into this. I'm just really anal about keeping everything in their original packages if I can, so I'm not sure if this would work for me.

leslief
Idol
leslief

I keep the new ones in their original packaging. Once they're opened, I put them in small zip lock bags (purchased at the dollars store). Then I have them all laid front to back in a bin. It's very easy for me to go through them -- almost like clear, fat file folders. i try to keep them all sorted by color.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to leslief

Thanks everyone for the feedback and other suggestions. I just really wish I could see them in person first. I hate to return things through the mail.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to 950nancy

I like the idea of the Art Bin container, too. I didn't realize they came with divided sections. The ones I've seen locally were just one large 12x12 box. One with the divided sections might be a great solution.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I just sort my flowers by color in small jars. It's easy to see what color is in which jar, and they fit nicely on a shelf. I think even the Jr. size babyfood jars would work as the flowers would sort of "stack" in them.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to dwelch

I just can't wait until we move so I can actually have my own room again so it can be all pretty and pink/purple and can actually really organize. Right now I'm just trying to keep like things together in the tiny space I have. It's so bad that yesterday it took me 2 hours to make 2 cards because I couldn't find anything! It's very frustrating!

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to mrsrogers52513

I don't have a scrap room. I just have a card table and the floor. I feel like I need to be super organized this way. My paper is organized by color in Cropper Hoppers. Then the Cropper Hoppers are in a crate so that everything stands up nicely. I have a small turntable organizer on the table for my tools. I have embellishment boxes for my brads, buttons and things. My stickers, letters and rub-ons are in a Cropper Hopper Sticker Stadium that sits on the table. Everything else is in bins that I purchased at Wal-Mart. That's why I think something like a Scraponizer or ArtBin would be great for my flowers. Right now they are in the original packaging in a small bin and they're pretty crowded.

I would like to get a rolling cart to put everything in so that I can easily roll it into my office when I'm not using it. I've looked at the Cropper Hopper rolling cart and also a rolling cart from Ikea called the Raskog Kitchen Cart. Does anyone have either of these? What do you think of them? Do you have another suggestion for a rolling storage unit suitable for scrapbooking?

Edited by crichards1 on 08-07-13 08:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

If you have a lot of flowers that you keep in their packaging why not just put them in a basket or a box?

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Crafting Marfa

I have the IKEA cart and love it. It is very sturdy (but not huge). Since it is open you can see everything. I have a ton of storage, so the size of the cart was not a big deal for me. The Artbin stores a ton of flowers you can see in one glance.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to 950nancy

Love the Raskog. As Nancy says, very sturdy.

I would go for 2 carts. Get a Raskog and a Sterilite/Iris/Gracious Living rolling cart. Some are 12 inches wide. I have one that has 2 shallow drawers and 2 deeper drawers. You would not want to load it down with heavy paper as they would be laying flat and not easy to find exactly what you are looking for.

You could dedicate a shallow drawer to pages in progress since you don't have a dedicated room.

No idea on cost for these new but I found one for $12 at a second hand place.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

Hi Carol, I store mine in 12x 12 artbins that are 2 in deep. The ones I have have one section that is 6 x 12 that is open. It has 3 sections in the front. It holds lots of original packages of flowers in the big section. I also have lots of ones out of the package. I put those in those small zip lock baggies (for crafts) Then I put them in the divided sections standing up. They are easy to see that way. I got it at Jo anns a few years ago.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to anda11

Here is the ArtBin that I've come up with. If I can find it locally that will be great. If not, maybe I can find one that I'd like just as well or better. I can always order it from here if I can't find one. I'd like to be able to take my flowers out of the packaging and sort them by color in something like this. Thanks for much for everyone's feedback.
Products Referenced in This Post:

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

I have a few rolling carts that I store most of my stuff in, but I have too much stuff! I just bought more bins, so when I'm done with work this morning I'm going to try to get stuff organized.

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to mrsrogers52513

You can go to your local hardware store and find plastic tool/tackle boxes that have dividers in them and are see through. They also have organizational products for nuts, bolts, screws etc. that would probably suit your needs and it would be way cheaper. I bought 4 at our local ace hardware. I have flowers, sequins, wood veneers and washi tape sorted in mine. Good luck!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics