Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Adding dates to my pages        (Topic#1590167)
Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89

Hello all!

I just wanted some suggestions and different ideas on how you ladies add dates to your pages? Pictures would be helpful if you have any

My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship (Arizona to California) and I am making a book of all our times spent together. He is deploying in October and my final page will be him coming home. I would like to have dates on all these memories to help remember when everything took place and to look back on for years to come!

I really appreciate your input and help!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Alisa89

Some people use office-style date stamps; I have a cute set of a different type type of date stamp (though I haven't used it yet); often the date is just part of my journaling.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to aquabunny

Thanks for sharing! I was thinking of doing stickers, but I am leaning toward the stamps especially since it will be less expensive. I am going to have some pages with journaling and will add the dates - but not all.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-17-13 10:11 AM
In response to Alisa89

Sometimes I use small stickers, sometimes I hand-write it in with a marker, sometimes I print it as part of the title or my journalling (I do most of my text on the computer). I mostly put it very close to the title, it just works for me.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to stick

I either hand write it or use stickers.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to crichards1

Mini calendar pages would be good for deployment, since a lot of deployment time is spent calendar watching and counting down the days.

I have a mini calendar stamp that is a blank calendar and you can add the numbers for the days and add the month name, but I can't find it in the store here to link.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to justowen

Very good idea! While he is deployed I will save letters he send me and add the calendar stamps to it. Thanks for the idea!

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to stick

Do you usually stay consistent or do you change it up with marker, stickers etc. all in the same book?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-17-13 11:48 AM
In response to Alisa89

I stay consistent within a short series of pages (like all dedicated to a specific trip or event), but I don't do whole books on one theme. If I did I think I'd keep one thing consistent and change something else about it - like using the same stamps but different colors of ink or embossing. Or vice versa.

The mini calendar pages are an adorable idea!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Alisa89

Most of the time I hand write it in the lower right hand corner... and occasionally I write it after I journal. This example shows both

Valentine's Day 2013 By Sunnydi

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Sunnydi

I frequently add the date as part of my journaling, sometimes with a date stamp like shown above, sometimes I write the date on the back of the layout....
The other thing you can do, is write the date in the centre of an embellishment, like a flower, heart or star.....

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to kiyawinn

I like to use file tabs when adding the date, as I don't do much journaling. Mostly tho, I just write the date on the back.
I have a punch by McGill but couldn't find it here in the store.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to kiyawinn

Today I actually wrote in a date inside of a tag sticker. Really good idea for dates. Maybe I will go purchase a few of the same stickers or embellishments to add dates to all my pages to keep it somewhat consistent. Thanks for the idea!

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to Sunnydi

Thanks for the picture example. I like those pages! Unfortunately, I do not do much journaling, but for the ones that I do, I will add dates within my writing.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Alisa89

I like the American Crafts Roller stamps. You can put the dates, and then there is also sentiments on the roller stamp as well that you could add. I have some different colored label stickers I found at target and I just stick those on my page, and then stamp my date and sentiment on those.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsrogers52513

These are available in a lot of scrapbook stores:

GRANNY - THEY'RE BEING MEAN TO ME! 3 By Henri Jean

Juneau, ALaska - Right Side By Henri Jean

San Antonio River Walk By Henri Jean

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to Henri Jean

Thanks for your input and sharing everyone! I do like the little calendar idea! I will have to go look for some today after work!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Alisa89

Those usually come in when calendars for the next year come into the stores - I would say in the next month or so they should be getting 2014.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Henri Jean

I like those little calendars as well! Thanks, Henri, you always come up with just the right thing. Another idea is to just use your label-maker (every scrapper has a label-maker, right?) and put the date at the lower corner of the page. Like using a sticker, but using a label-maker instead.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

That is a good idea. Guess I'd better put a label-maker on my wish list.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics