Username Post: We R Memory Keepers Card Punch        (Topic#1590179)
bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej

I am still undecided about this punch. If you have one, tell me why you like it or do NOT like it?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to bbarthej

I don't have one but I know a lot of people have complained it doesn't punch well.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Sneezy1956

I'm undecided as well. I feel like for the price, I would just use my paper trimmer and do it myself.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to mrsrogers52513

I would never buy this product. What a waste of money; have they run out of ideas for punches? What's wrong with a paper trimmer?

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to t-scraps

I believe it is meant for their Albums Made Simple or whatever their "Project Life" line is called. But I still wouldn't be able to justify the cost.

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej

Thanks for the info ladies. Mrs. Rogers, I couldn't justify the cost either when I could do the same thing with my scissors, BUT... I just needed to feel justified with my decision. I'm gonna pass! (Now if someone gave me one as a gift... I'd surely use it)

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to bbarthej

Of course...if it's free I'll take it! haha

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I also read a lot of people saying that they had problems with it...
To be fair, I did read one person who loved it, so maybe it's one of those things where you are lucky to get a good one......

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to kiyawinn

I work at Archiver's and we completely sold out of the square one, but have quite a few of the round corner ones left. I haven't actually had someone purchase one from me, so I'm really not sure what all the hoopla is.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Have it, love it. Yes, you can use a trimmer, but this, for me, frames exactly what I want before I punch it. Corner rounders can all be a bit different, so this also makes everything uniform if that bugs you. My LSS also had 2 dies made that cut these perfectly for both the 3 x 4 and the 4 x 6. If you have a large square punch and use it often on your paper or photos, you know what I mean. Trimmers are not always precise (some user error now and then) and this just simplifies it if you are a bit of a perfectionist.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to 950nancy

I suppose I can see how it would be useful so that you can frame it and see it. I know sometimes it can be hard to do the math to get something so it's exactly in the middle. I don't do that type of scrapbooking, so I just don't think it would be useful for me. But so glad that you have it and love it!

New Kid On the Block
In response to t-scraps

• t-scraps Said:
I would never buy this product. What a waste of money; have they run out of ideas for punches? What's wrong with a paper trimmer?

I have lots of free Project Life printables. I would like the punch for that reason. I've also heard more bad reviews than good reviews.

Edited by I scrap on 08-26-13 02:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Have it, love it. Yes, you can use a trimmer, but this, for me, frames exactly what I want before I punch it. Corner rounders can all be a bit different, so this also makes everything uniform if that bugs you. My LSS also had 2 dies made that cut these perfectly for both the 3 x 4 and the 4 x 6. If you have a large square punch and use it often on your paper or photos, you know what I mean. Trimmers are not always precise (some user error now and then) and this just simplifies it if you are a bit of a perfectionist.

Framing something is exactly why i would want this card punch what dies does your lss have that will cut a precise 3x4 cards? I was hoping i could do this with a spellbinder but the frame is either too large or too small

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics