Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: completed books        (Topic#1590195)
New Kid On the Block

Hi, all. First time here. I am having lots of concern over where to put all of my completed scrapbooks once they are done. I have shelves in the living room which hold 58. I have items from as long ago as the 1920s. Meh. Anyway, I am on 2005 currently so I will be doing more obvously. Other than deciding to have a hard heart and not keeping and booking everything, which I have already decided. . . trust me. . .where do you store the books? My family looks at them from time to time but not often. I scrapbook because I enjoy being creative at the same time as holding on to special memories. But what now? Running out of room. . . do I build another room on the house? Heh heh. I think digital scrapbooking may (MAY) help but I'm old school and am reluctant to change what has worked for me for 20 or so years.However, am open to suggestions. Thanks for any feedback. Does anybody post flames here? If so, they will be completely ignored.

msilver
New Kid On the Block
msilver
In response to molly1951

I have some mini-albums on my coffee table for guests to flip through. I also have a table at the end of my bed where I keep a few and an ottoman that we don't use in my bedroom with some smaller albums on top of it. Other that maybe add some floating shelves in your bedroom or kitchen just for scrapbooks.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to msilver

I just keep mine on a bookshelf.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to mrsrogers52513

I have a mini album out on a table in the living room. I have some albums on a shelf in an armoire. My WRMK albums are too tall for my armoire shelves, so they are in my office on bookshelves.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to crichards1

One scrapbooker told me that she kept all of hers on shelves in the guest room. I love that idea!

She said that when guests are talking and visiting they don't pay much attention to the books but when they go to the guest room for the night they seem to really enjoy looking at the books. She said that when she had company the first thing they say in the morning is, "I had such a good time going through your scrapbooks!

I really want to get mine moved to the guest room because I can still go in there to grab one to show someone.

I have even put an index together in a regular 8 1/2 x 11 notebook with everyone who is in a layout in alphabetical order and which books they are in and the subject of the layouts.

So my nephew can look up his name and see where all the layouts are that he is in or find a specific Christmas or fishing layout.

SO can anyone else who has ever appeared in one of my layouts.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Henri Jean

Most of mine are in my scraproom where, when the grands are bored they go and sit and look at them. When we have parties I sometimes bring a couple down for my own kids to look through and laugh at each other with affection of course x

MisasMom
Resident
MisasMom
In response to Besneys

I have a bookcase in the living room that holds 12x12 albums so they are out for visitors to look at. It's also handy for me to grab one to show someone their photos or a specific event.

Minis and smaller albums are in a glass door bookcase in the upstairs hall. Many of the minis have ribbon and things on them that make them too attractive to kitty so the glass doors are for protection for them.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89

That's a fun idea! That is so nice that you took the time to create an index instead of having everyone look for a certain picture or event they want to see.

Coffee table, a table in front of my bed etc. are where mine are stored. I feel that maybe they should be stored where it seems best - such as specific to your gardens maybe should go into a kitchen, one of your wedding in the bedroom and so forth.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Alisa89

Great idea, Henri!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

Yep, I kept mine in my guest room (before I converted it to a scraproom!) and even made up and framed a 12x12 "layout-style" sign that said, "Please feel free to browse" that hung on the wall above the bookcase. I never failed to get comments. A year or so ago, though, I decided it was wasted space to have a guest room that was only used periodically when what I really needed was a scraproom that would be used almost daily!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to dwelch

The sign is a good idea! So is taking over the guest room for your scrappy room!

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl

I have mine in several places, one of which is a wooden doll cradle my husband made for our daughter. (We're talking ginormous doll here, because our daughter would get in it!) It holds about 5 or 6 albums comfortably (there's a picture on my space) & is a way to repurpose a precious handmade piece that now holds my books of love:)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to flwrgrl

Love the sign idea. My guesthouse is really a converted pool house that is one room with bathroom and walk-in closet that joins our house but not accessible into it. It's tiny but holds a queen bed and dresser with a little room to walk around. I could put the bookshelves on one wall.

Our main house has 2 bedrooms - our master bedroom and the second bedroom is my scraproom and Bill's office.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Love the doll crate idea!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

I keep my books on the living room coffee table. Recently I realized that I had wayyyyy too many layouts and books. By the time I die I was going to need another house for my books. So I went through them and realized that there A LOT of them that really didn't mean anything to me. Once I checked that I had digital copies of the photos I literally thinned out my books and probably threw out half of my pages. Now I have a lot less, but way more quality.

Frau_Cooney
Idol
Frau_Cooney
In response to Crafting Marfa

You are a brave woman to cull your layouts! I shudder at the idea.

• Crafting Marfa Said:
I keep my books on the living room coffee table. Recently I realized that I had wayyyyy too many layouts and books. By the time I die I was going to need another house for my books. So I went through them and realized that there A LOT of them that really didn't mean anything to me. Once I checked that I had digital copies of the photos I literally thinned out my books and probably threw out half of my pages. Now I have a lot less, but way more quality.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Frau_Cooney

I could never throw out any either. Even ones that don't mean anything to me anymore are still fun for my husband to look at.

As we get older I love the pages that make one of us or both of us say, "I remember when we did that" or "I remember those people".

Even the ones that are insignificant to me now were important to me enough at the time to make them.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

I could never throw any out either!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

When we moved here we converted one of the spare rooms into my scrap room. Dh took the closet doors off and put floor to ceiling shelves in there for me. My albums are stored there as well as supplies.

I could never throw any out either, all the love,time and energy put into the means something to me, even if it may be a lo that is not my favourite.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Scrapanda

My husband said someday when we buy a house and have room, he will build me my own little scrapbooking house if that's what I want

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics