Username Post: Paper Storage Redo        (Topic#1590213)
flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl

I've been doing the weekly Organization series, & have decided I am completely unhappy with how I currently store my 12x12 paper. I had previously bought a 2 tiered horizontal wire paper rack. The issue with it is, I can't see the paper underneath each stack. The week on paper storage & organization really got me to thinking about this. So, now I think I want to go vertical!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to flwrgrl

I feel like I'm always reorganizing...I know that there's always a better way! SOMEDAY I will get to where everything is how I like

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to mrsrogers52513

LOL that's what I love about that course - it really does get you thinking. I'm behind. I've had a few weeks with life getting in the way. I need to get back to it again. Oh and I prefer vertical paper storage too.

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to RedSquirrel

I'm itching to get back to scrapping. I've been hand sewing curtains for a week now for my room. Almost done-then tackling paper.

HandStampedStyle
New Kid On the Block
HandStampedStyle
In response to flwrgrl

I am always looking for good storage solutions... I did a video on several options and found one I like really well... here is a link to my video in case you are interested?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgIt5iQ05mk&a mp;feature...

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to HandStampedStyle

Awesome! I will check it out this weekend Thanks!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to flwrgrl

I love storage videos

Cherene
Idol
Cherene

I started to put away paper today and ended up "cleaning" my paper stash. While putting papers away I started to purge paper that I knew I would never use which opened up some space - but now I have a problem with my "organizing". What or how do you sort out boarder sheets, cut out sheets or sheets with text? Do you put them with similar colors or do you put them separately? I haven't found a way that works and am now stuck... Thanks

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Cherene

If they go with a collection, I put them with the collection. If not, the border ones go together, stripes go together, polka dots go together, etc.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

And if they have text on them, they go together by theme (christmas, love, etc.)

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain

I put all my text paper together, solids I did by color, then I did holiday's by holiday, stripes, dots, flowers, plaids, bordered, beach, and any other theme by themselves on their own shelf. but if it was a paper that had a them like traveling or Christmas and it had text on it then I put it with it's themed paper.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to dorichatelain

It can be very complex. It's like one of those things that have a million exceptions. If it has text, it goes there...unless it is christmas text, then it goes somewhere else. BUT if it has christmas text and it's part of so-and-so collection, it goes somewhere else...lol

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl

I FINALLY got it all done! What an awesome feeling!!!

shygypsy
Tenant
shygypsy

I think the same way!

shygypsy
Tenant
shygypsy
In response to flwrgrl

Congrats! I just started the weekly organization challenge not too long ago. I don't have a scrapbook room of my own....finding a way to store things so it doesn't overtake an area is a major challenge. I am using a built in armoire with 6 deep drawers in the hallway. I also obtained a set of 4 barrister bookcases with glass doors to put in the hallway to help store my vagabond and cricut along with other supplies.

Since this is a hallway that is used by everyone, I am trying not to make it an eyesore.

Edited by shygypsy on 09-05-13 08:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to shygypsy

I totally get that. I bet your things look awesome in those cabinets! What an awesome idea! And great use of a hallway-after all, what else is it used for except to get you from room to another? Would LOVE to see a pic!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to flwrgrl

Yay, so glad you got it done! Are you happy with how it turned out?

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl

I am! I've been scrapping up a storm! I especially LOVE having all my papers in one place. I'm not used to being this 'super organized': that's gonna take some getting used to~

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics