Username Post: Help with Album selecting        (Topic#1590251)
zestydreamer
Veteran
zestydreamer

So I am beyond frustrated. I have always used creative memory albums and now they are bankrupt and I can't get their products without spending a zillion dollars on ebay.

I tried finding other strap hinge albums online to find that they are all sold out. Till finally I tried purchasing Paper Studio's version. I bought refill pages to go with it to find that they aren't the same size as the pages in the album. So I already have wasted over $50 bucks to no avail. ARGH!

Can someone recommend a product that they use that is easily attainable. That I can buy the right refills for? I am willing to go post bound or three ring as long as the quality is there.

Thanks so much in advance!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to zestydreamer

I have used We R Memory Keepers albums for years and getting refills are not a problem. I am not partial to their brand of sleeves though as to me they are to 'milky' looking or not clear enough. I buy other brands.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to Sunnydi

I also use We R Memory Keepers 3-ring albums. I have used Creative Memories in the past and liked them a lot also. In the WRMK the pages always lay flat, which I like as I use embellishments. I do like their refill pages. Some of the Big Box hobby stores sell them. Target also sells them, and they also sell them here. They have their basic faux leather albums, linen albums and designer albums.

Edited by crichards1 on 08-22-13 03:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

zestydreamer
Veteran
zestydreamer
In response to crichards1

Thanks so much for your advice!

zestydreamer
Veteran
zestydreamer
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
I have used We R Memory Keepers albums for years and getting refills are not a problem. I am not partial to their brand of sleeves though as to me they are to 'milky' looking or not clear enough. I buy other brands.

What brands do you use? Thanks for the advice.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Love Pioneer..they sell both post and 3 ring.

I love the new colorful leatherette We R Memory Keepers 3 ring albums..they have them here. I got 4 of them on sale for $21 each on a free shipping day at Joann's..probably wasn't supposed to share that bit of info.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to dollscrap

I like the WRMK ones too. The Doodlebug ones are my favorite though. I scrap using a ton of Doodlebug product, so their albums match perfectly!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to mrsrogers52513

I also use the WRMK ones they are the sturdiest I have used. I purchased 3 for $7 a piece on clearance at Michaels.....

I will not use the American Crafts 3-ring binders as they have a week binding so the pages fall out the bottom when loaded into the binding.....

zestydreamer
Veteran
zestydreamer
In response to GwynnAsbury

Thanks everyone for your help. I did purchase a WRMK album with sleeves. I'm pretty satisfied with it. It'll take some getting used to after always using strap hinge albums. But if it works out it'll honestly save me a lot of money.

How many pages do you think is safe to put in this album without over stuffing?

Right now the album I'm doing has 25 pages.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Nothing but We R Memory for me the 3 ring binders I can stuff them full and I embellish really really heavy and their pages will take the huge flowers and metal and use with no problem.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Sneezy1956

Manufacturers recommend about 40 (80 sheets) in a 3-ring, but you can probably be safe with more than that. It really depends on how dimensional your pages are.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics