Username Post: Timeline Layout        (Topic#1590335)
New Kid On the Block

I recently completed my first ever scrapbooking project as a gift for a friend to help chronicle their theatre career, I enjoyed it and promised to make another to chronicle the next two years (the last one covered roughly Aug 11-Aug 13).

I've put THIS LINK here so you can see what kind of level I'm at... Not nearly as skilled or artistic as some of you on here!!

Anyway, on the first double page of the new scrapbook I would like to do a 'story so far' page that quickly recaps 2011/12/13 in a timeline or other suitable format but have NO idea how to set it out...or make it look good.

Alternatively, I considered using those pockets that are split into 6x4s and making a card for each event with a photo and the month/year on it and a little bit of journaling... but Id like a nice set that co-ordinates like simple stories or similar?

ANY ideas appreciated. Im very new to this!

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to kaylafletcher

Very nice job! Looks like this was a fun project. I don't have an idea for the other just yet. I will keep thinking and if I come up with something I'll post. Thanks for sharing!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

You could certainly do pocket pages....
I've done a recap of the year in my son's book but I do it as a letter to him and usually don't include more than one picture...it's mostly journaling.

You could print up a photo collage of the year. Or you could print 12 (or more ) 2x2 or 3x3 photos from each month of the year and do a grid format on your page....add a square in the centre or one of the corners for your journaling and some of the squares can be decorative....
Grid formats are great for fitting in a lot of small photos. Persnickity Prints (online) will print the small, square photos or you can make your own by printing 2 photos on one 4x6 at another place or at home.....

#1 Daddy By Kiyawinn

Grade One By Kiyawinn

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to kiyawinn

You did a lovely job - what a wonderful gift!

I have only ever done one 'timeline' style LO before, and it was a lift from CK magazine. It was a recap of one month, and I used 12 2x5's across a 2-pager with printed journaling above each photo.

TIMEpieces By Dancinirish90

New Kid On the Block
In response to dancinirish90

• dancinirish90 Said:

I have only ever done one 'timeline' style LO before, and it was a lift from CK magazine. It was a recap of one month, and I used 12 2x5's across a 2-pager with printed journaling above each photo.

Mmmmm I had sort of figured out the pockets in my head but now I am kinda in love with this LO!! Is yours a digital layout or paper?

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas

I just wanted to say you did a GREAT job - I just went to your album and loved every page and would love it if a friend did something like this for me. I like that you included so many pictures and a lot of journaling. Just my opinion, but it seems nowadays people (myself included) place too much emphasis on the embellishments and end up with just a couple pictures and hardly any journaling. Lately I've been trying to add more journaling so that 20 years from now, I can look at the layouts and be able to "relive the memory" a lot more.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Mama2Thomas

It looks great!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to mrsrogers52513

Your album is great!

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90

• kaylafletcher Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:

Mmmmm I had sort of figured out the pockets in my head but now I am kinda in love with this LO!! Is yours a digital layout or paper?

Thank you It's paper with computer printed journaling and title. I explained how I did it in the LO's description in my gallery if you want more details.

Veteran
In response to dancinirish90

Wow, it's so lovely. What a thoughtful gesture. Lucky friend

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics