Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Thank you Kory!        (Topic#1590337)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Last year you really encouraged me to explore CCR (Cricut Craft Room). I looked at it and decided it required too much of a learning curve. I went back a looked at it several times and didn't think I could do it.

Last night I decided to devote 2 uninterrupted hours to figuring it out. It took more like 2 minutes. I can't believe how easy it is! Already made my first title.

Didn't work on Shadows yet but I did figure out how to drag images and to group and weld. Welding takes seconds.

It took forever with the Gypsy - each letter had to be moved - one letter at a time and if one letter needed to be moved they all had to be moved - one letter at a time!

With CCR you just hit one button or icon and it spaces them all evenly to weld. Then just highlight and click on group. So easy. I didn't even need the tutorials - I just jumped in and started doing it.

I can do more with this already then I ever was able to do with my Gypsy!

For one line text to be welded - its so easy to put a line under the words to hold them together! I never could figure out how to do that with my Gypsy.

Next project - to figure out how to get the carts that I already put on my gypsy into CCR.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to Henri Jean

Be sure to post how you get those linked cartridges on CCR. I couldn't figure it out. I wondered if, since they were linked, if we would be able to load them into the CCR.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram

Henri- insert the cart and click the link button and you're done! Easy!!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

If they are already linked to your gypsy then connect the gypsy to the comp/ CCR and it will ask if you want to upload( I think that's the word they use) and it will sync for you !! It's really easy.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ChansGram

That is my project tonight! Thank you Trish. I had heard that if they were linked to the gypsy they could still be linked to CCR and I was hoping that was true.

I read linking instructions on the Cricut site and they made it about 20 steps. And I didn't even get to the part about linking the ones that were on the Gypsy.

Your instructions are a whole lot better! Provo Craft should pay you to edit their website and put your clear and concise directions.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Yay!

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to mrsrogers52513

i did the same thing, Henri. I am now so IN LOVE with CCR. I was still using the old version. But when it took more than 20 minutes to open, i decided to try out CCR - HOOKED!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Fargomutt

Everything is now synced. What a pain! I had to update the gypsy first - took almost an hour. Once that was done it was somewhat easy. They use the word "uplink" to get things from the Gypsy to the CCR and the gypsy has to be connected to the computer. I also plugged the gypsy in since it went dead the first time I tried it but all the cartridges linked in one pop. Didn't have to be done one at a time.

I had 3 which had not been linked to the gypsy. Much easier process.

Connect Cricut and computer. Put the cart in the Cricut as normal.

Go to the bottom part of the mat in CCR where it says, "My Cartridge". Pull down the tab to "All cartridges". Find the cartridge you want to link by name (the same one that is on the Cricut Machine". Images will come up - pick any image, it doesn't matter which one.

Then once an image from that cart is on the mat click "Cut". A popup will appear that says it has detected the cartridge - do you want to link it? Takes about as much time as it takes to blink for the cartridge to upload to CCR.

You do have to do those cartridges one at a time and put each one in the Cricut to get them into CCR.

I packed all my boxes with the cartridges away tonight and now I have more shelf space in my scraproom!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram

Yay Henri!!!
You're gonna be welding and cutting like crazy!!

Then if you buy a digital cart and want it on your Gypsy you use the other option ( other than the "Uplink") - but I rarely use my Gypsy and E2 anymore (sad) I mostly use CCR and my Mini.

I am glad you got up and running and find the CCR program easy to use! Don't ya just love having a big screen to design on!

Plus don't forget the freebies each week on CCR.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ChansGram

Where do you find the freebies? I've been going to "shop" where it has the daily deals but nothing free.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Has anyone else had problem with their gypsy getting an error code after updating the gypsy? I updated mine and now I get an error every time I turn it on. I guess a call to provo for me. Tired of fighting with the gypsy

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram

When you use the pulled down menu look under My cartridges and whichever cart or cuts that are free will be listed there.
Last I looked it was Autumn Celebrations cart.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ChansGram

Seems like every time I used my Gypsy I had to fight with it and I can't even count the number of hours I've spent doing downloads to update it!

Do you have CCR Jane? So much easier and more convenient. And a big screen!

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire

All of this is very interesting, but I have a different problem.

My problem is very limited space. My computer is in a crowded attic with not an inch of room. My Cricut Expression (the original version) is on the first floor. I have to take it out of its case to use on a small space on my dining room table. There is absolutely no room to put the computer and cricut together. So I need to use the Gypsy with my cricut.

Is it possible to use the CCR and save projects back to the Gypsy?

I have all my carts linked to the Gypsy, none to the CCR. I prefer to link any new carts to the Gypsy first. If I upload all my carts from the Gypsy to the CCR and add new carts later, can I do the upload again for only the new carts?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Solitaire

Question about free carts - Some are popping up that I never bought - do they stay there indefinitely? There are a few things I don't especially want like the mini-book.

So you don't have to do anything to get the free ones - do they just download the free ones randomly?

Is there a way to set up files or tabs to organize and separate cartridges from just images?

So many questions - I'm sorry.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Solitaire - I don't know if you can save projects back to the gypsy.

I know that once you have the cart on the gypsy you can load it to CCR and can use it from the gypsy or CCR.

Just don't know about transferring project files. I'm sure someone will know though.

CCR is like the gypsy - you can upload or download carts whenever you get them. The first time you upload from the gypsy to CCR it uploads them all at once.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Splurged today! Bought the Theresa Collins seasons pack of 3 carts in a set - has some cool stuff on them. Now I cannot go back to the Cricut store for a while to shop.

I love the feature on CCR where you type in a word like "Cat" or "dog" or even a word like "Family" and the chart pops up with every use of that image on every cart! WOW! Love it!

Some have a green mark in the upper left corner of the box and some actually have the cart name on the lower right corner if you hover over it.

What happens if you choose an image on a cart that you don't own? Does it give you the option of buying that cart or image at that point?

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Now that you've freed up some space in your craft room, you can buy more stuff!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsrogers52513

I like the way you think! We could get in a lot of trouble together with my debit card!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

haha...yes! But even better if it was someone else's debit card! With their permission though, so we don't go to jail

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics