Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: songs as titles...        (Topic#1590341)
Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom

I am fascinated with the idea of using song titles and/or lines from songs as titles for LOs. Have u ever done this? What lines did u use?? Also, I constantly hear a song n think this would be perfect for such n such LO, but then forget when the time comes...lets hear what you all would do!!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Juansmom

Here's one I did some time back of a photo of me on the Fire Department:

I AM WOMAN (Song Title Challenge) By Dwelch

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dwelch

I looked through and I think I've done it only once. The layout was pictures of my pet rabbit sitting and climbing on ours backs, and the title was "Standing on the Shoulders of Giants", which I know comes from a quote by Isaac Newton, but in this particular case I was drawing it from the R.E.M. song "King of Birds" (I always think of it to that tune when I see the layout).

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to aquabunny

All the time. Here are some:

July Crop Challenge #3, SOW#25, COW#25 By RedSquirrel

Sun up in the sky, stormy weather By RedSquirrel

Inspiration Challenge - Little boxes By RedSquirrel

He's got the whole ship in his hand By RedSquirrel

Scrap Whispers #66 - Let's go fly a kite By RedSquirrel

Ain't No Sunshine By RedSquirrel

Flowers of the Far East - The Power of Four By RedSquirrel

Actually, looking at these it seems that I parody song titles/lyrics just as often as using the correct words.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to RedSquirrel

I used "That's Amore" on the last page of my first Italy book.

I recently did one that is one of my all time favorites - will post later this week. Its called "My mama told me You'd Better Shop around".

The photo is of my granddaughter at about 1 year sitting in the grocery cart and for background paper I actually found a patterned paper with grocery carts all over it.

I cut the letters with my slice - that was a lot of letters to place and glue but it is one of my absolute favorites!

I've seen several people use, "You Are My Sunshine".

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Henri Jean

I always think I could, but then I never do it cause I forget.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to mrsrogers52513

Love, love, LOVE those pages, Rosey!!! And the empty chairs made me tear up... as Joaquin is still in El Salvador n I miss him so...I just may " Name that Tune" on an LO!

Keep these ideas coming...I think I'm on to something!!!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Juansmom

I've done it a couple of times....usually when particular lyrics speak to me or remind me of something.
I wrote out "our" song on a layout about me and DH.
I wrote out the lyrics to "My Wish" for my son on a layout....

If you google the song you're thinking of, you can get all the lyrics on internet sites....

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to kiyawinn

I use them all the time in my titles and sometimes I journal a few special lines that fit the page. I especially like the older songs titles. Here are a few that I've done. Hope it helps.

You are my Sunshine

Good Day Sunshine

Sea of Love

Let your love shine.

One Moment in Time

Me & My Shadow

Beautiful Dreamer

Thank Heaven

Time for me to fly!

Don't fence me in!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to olleharr

All these are so great...n they are ALL the perfect songs to choose!! I think I am gonna keep a notebook handy to jot ideas down! Several weeks ago my girlfriends n I took our kids out to eat, n they were all dancing n singing " like the ceiling cant hold us", so that is a definite must scrap...

You all did great work! Maybe I should start a list of songs n put it in the resources section here!! I love that there was a song challenge, dwelch!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

I have too. I know there are tons in the gallery here cause I see them all the time.

it is a great idea Chris

Edited by anda11 on 08-24-13 11:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-25-13 04:57 AM
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
All these are so great...n they are ALL the perfect songs to choose!! I think I am gonna keep a notebook handy to jot ideas down! Several weeks ago my girlfriends n I took our kids out to eat, n they were all dancing n singing " like the ceiling cant hold us", so that is a definite must scrap...

You all did great work! Maybe I should start a list of songs n put it in the resources section here!! I love that there was a song challenge, dwelch!

Song titles & lyrics are a great scrap resource and there have been many challenges using music like this one that is running this month:
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15897...

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to GMFTS

I do plan on doing a LO from my wedding of a picture of our first dance in the middle, and writing the lyrics to the song around the picture.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to mrsrogers52513

I have a school LO I did using Kenny Chesney's song " There Goes My life", for the twins first day of school:

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/526320/view /3402687/...

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to ScrappyMama6

cute!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Juansmom

I think it's fun to use song titles. This is my fav I used recently.. Elton John's song Blue Eyes

Baby's Got Blue Eyes By Sunnydi

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'
In response to Sunnydi

I love to use song titles on my pages! They are ready made page Toppers! But as mentioned byt others before, I don't always think of it at the right times.... (Almost all of my pinterest boards are also song titles or lines from songs or an occasional movie title). The last one I used was "I'll be Home for Christmas." Our daughter in law and grandson came home from the hospital on Christmas day. "Anticipation" and "The Waiting is the Hardest Part" for parents -to - be layouts...etc. But..I too need a notebook to keep track of ideas! Great thread, thanks for starting it!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mj scrappin'

When we were in Rio De Janeiro we went to the two beaches - Impanema and Copacabana.

I did a two page layout with Impanema beach on one side and Copacabana beach on the other.

On the right hand side I printed out the words in a thin column to "Girl From Ipanema" because that is where the song is referring.

On the Copacabana side I printed out the words to Copacabana because that song is about a club in the US named after Copacabana in Brazil.

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to Henri Jean

My son and I made a page entitled "leaving on a jet plane". He and I were heading down to FL from CT for his 3rd birthday.

Leavin' on a jetplane By Rubymillerand

The other page I'm working on right now is a lo of DH and I. I've used the full lyrics to our song, "Right Here" by Staind. I've included 2 pics, sized about 3x4 of he and I at our best and our worst.

Edited by rubymillerand on 09-01-13 01:43 PM. Reason for edit: just figured out how to embed a picture.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to rubymillerand

My Mama told me... By Henri Jean

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics