Username Post: misters that won't mist        (Topic#1590347)
New Kid On the Block

I have a Ranger mister as well as a small spray bottle I picked up at Walmart for the purpose of misting projects. I have mixed a Stampin-Up ink made for this purpose with alcoohol as I was instructed. I am sooooo frustrated though because instead of misting, these sprayers just shoot out a steady stream. I have ruined a lot of projects. Any any ideas or solutions?

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to leslieb10

Hmm, not sure. I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I know that alcohol ink is thinner than water-based ink, so maybe the mister you have is designed more for water than alcohol?

I will say I've been burned by supermarket spray bottles before too. They really are for spraying, not misting - the nozzles are far too big.

I wonder whether you could find a mister from a beauty store supplier? Those are designed to mist the face with very fine particles of beauty potions. They might work better for alcohol, possibly? Good luck!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to RedSquirrel

I use empty body spray bottles from Bath and Bodyworks. They mist well and it's a great way to recycle.

Scrapanda
Governor
Scrapanda
In response to olleharr

Tim Holtz has some mini misters. I think they come 4 or 5 in a pack. They seem to work well.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Scrapanda

I don't know what the brand was, but by the stamping stuff at most craft stores there are mini misters (not the Tim Holtz ones, they were a cheaper brand) and you got like 4 of them for a few bucks.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to mrsrogers52513

• mrsrogers52513 Said:
I don't know what the brand was, but by the stamping stuff at most craft stores there are mini misters (not the Tim Holtz ones, they were a cheaper brand) and you got like 4 of them for a few bucks.

I use these when my misters clog up.. I've not had these clog up.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Sunnydi

Yeah, those are the ones I was thinking of!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics