Username Post: Sizzix orginal red machine, confused!        (Topic#1590351)
New Kid On the Block

I'm new to all of this and just picked up a sizzix original red machine cheap. It came with the magnetic converter and a white cutting pad.

If I want to cut a die that isn't a sizzix original I need to attach the magnetic converter...... Do I need anything else? A pad to put onto of the die I want to cut?

Sorry this is basic question but I can't find the answer anywhere!

Thank you!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Blythlaura

I have the original red machine, and I have original sizzix dies as well as the sizzlets dies, so my experience is limited. Nothing extra is needed for the original dies. Only the magnetic converter is needed for the sizzlets. At most, you should only need a shim (a piece or two or more of cardstock) for any non-sizzix dies (with or without the converter).

I hope this helps!

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to Luvmyfam

I have the original as well. It doesn't work with like quickutz (Lifestyle Crafts), even with the magnetic converter. I haven't tried thinlets though. I know it works with the embossing folders. It takes a couple tries to figure out where to emboss but it works for me!

Congrats on the new machine and welcome to sb.com!

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to fknapoleon

for my quickcutz dies, I use another adaptor, that is like a plastic shim. (I searched here on Scrapbook.com and could not find it) You would attach the magnetic converter, then the small adaptor then die cut/emboss as usual.

New Kid On the Block
In response to mjmone

Thanks for all your helpful advice!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics