Username Post: Felt food for children :)        (Topic#1590353)
mariangeles_spain
Idol
mariangeles_spain

Hi!

I've decided to make a play kitchen for my nephew and make him some felt food too

I alreday have tons of pins but was wondering if any of you have made some, have some tips, etc

THANKS!!

P.S. My Pinterest boards:

Kitchen play.

Appliances and food.

Felt food.

mariangeles_spain
Idol
mariangeles_spain
In response to mariangeles_spain

I've started my project today

A new project for my nephew Pablo

TFL!!!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

You're probably finished now, but I had done some for a friends kids a while ago and it was fun. Made little balls of felt for apples, oranges, tomatoes, turnips and shapes like the food for bananas, zucchini, eggplants, carrots. Then I made 'pies' stuffed with fiberfill and cardboard pieces sewn in for the bottom of the pan- we had apple, blackberry and cherry. They were only about 7 inches big but the kids thought they were great. Also had 'leaves' of spinach, lettuce, cheese, lunch meat and bread with styrofoam in them from a package like a TV. It was challenging but fun and since I have a portable machine, I took it over to their place and let the kids help. They stacked the layers of fabrics together and gave me advice on accenting the felt designs as we did them with puff paint! Sometimes a little mind can come up with all kinds of ideas! Sorry no pics, that was about 15 years ago. I did different color threads, like reddish thread on the green lettuce leaves because the kids liked red leaf lettuce, And highlights in beige for the lines or wrinkles on the carrots. Most items were stuffed with fiberfill and those plastic beads at the bottom to weight them. Then we made some boxed items with the actual box inside to make it stand up- stuff like cereals, cake mix, fruit roll ups. It was really a riot doing that, I was there for about 10 hours and felt like a kid again!!

I am not here alot but if you have questions maybe I can help?

mariangeles_spain
Idol
mariangeles_spain
In response to catzscrapper

Thanks Janet

I've just started sewing a felt chicken

HERE you can see what I've done so far

TFL!!!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

WOW! Everything looks awesome! I love the chicken, looks like a real one. Maybe your Nephew is going to grow up to be a famous chef one day or own a restaurant. Continue to have fun making his kitchen realistic! What a Sweet Auntie you are

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics