Username Post: Scor-Pal, Crafter's Companion, or Martha Stewart Scoring Board?        (Topic#1590401)
Tenant

Greetings, people!

I'm a card-making fanatic and LOVE to embellish with dimensional items. Standard envelopes don't work for me, so I need to select the best product available to help me with dimensional envelopes. (I want to use a scoring board for cards, too, but envelopes are my biggest challenge.)

Seems like lots of card makers love the Scor-Pal, but the website seems to indicate that it is not set up to make dimensional envelopes. Is that true?

The Crafter's Companion reviews on youtube indicate that dimensional envelopes are easily made, but I've read in another forum that it is difficult to feel the scoring grooves, which slows down the process. Has anyone else had that experience? I really want to be able to crank these puppies out; quick and easy is vital!

I'm totally interested in all of your opinions and suggestions, and I REALLY, REALLY appreciate your help!

Oh, not sure if this is relevant, but I typically make cards that are 5" x 7".

Thanks SO much guys!
Michelle

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-27-13 04:15 PM
In response to ChelleKristine

Personally I like the MS one.

For envelopes, have you seen the envelope punch board?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by stick on 08-27-13 04:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to stick

I have the mini Martha Stewart board, which is set up on the back for four sizes of envelopes, including one that I've used for some chunky 5x7 cards.

I used the Crafter's Companion in a class one time, but I wasn't very impressed.

Edited by aquabunny on 08-28-13 07:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to aquabunny

Another vote for the Martha Stewart!

Tenant
In response to mrsrogers52513

Thanks, you guys!

I really appreciated the input, and purchased Martha's board. Haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it yet, but so far, so good!

Thanks again!
Michelle

Tenant
In response to stick

I did see the Envelope Punch Board, and its reviews are fabulous! Wondering if it is set up to also create dimensional envelopes, though? Do you happen to know? (There is a video on the product page that might address this issue, but my iPad is cranky and won't let me watch it!)

New Kid On the Block
In response to ChelleKristine

I saw the punch board on you tube and it seems great. Another tool to consider buying.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to babs.ohio

The envelope size that it shows gives about an eighth of an inch space all the way around to allow for some dimension and thickness. They are coming out with 4 new punch boards that will start shipping in October - a square box, a bag, a pillow box, and a candy wrapper box.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics