Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: 3x4 cutting die???        (Topic#1590429)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

Does anyone know of any?

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to cescrapper

I am curious too....

Jessica_
Guru
Jessica_
In response to PhotobearSam

NEW from We R... this 3x4 card punch will be shipping soon... so sign up for email notification! http://store.scrapbook.com/wr-71318-0.html

Edited by Jessica_ on 08-29-13 07:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to PhotobearSam

There's a punch that does 3x4 with rounded corners, but I don't know about a die and my iPod is not a great platform fr me to search Sizzix's website. I do know that Spellbinders has a couple of rectangular sets for card-making, but I don't know if any of the dies in those sets are the right size. I saw them here on sb.com a while back though, so maybe someone with a bigger screen/larger keyboard/less finicky browser can link it here.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to aquabunny

Ah, I didn't know there was a non-rounded one coming.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to aquabunny

Yes, they make it in both round and non-round. If you have an Archiver's, they have the show me station where you can test them out if you are not sure about them.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to mrsrogers52513

My LSS has both dies for PL. The owner sent in the cards from the kits and asked the die maker to create a 3 x 4 die and a 4 x 6 die. She apparently had a ton of people ask for them and I think sold out of her original order. I prefer the punch because it is so quick to use and see what you are punching.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to 950nancy

What am I missing? Is this so that they fit into PL albums?
Not sure why I need a punch like this....but I am sure with the responses...I will NEED it!!! LOL!!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to binkiemonstermom

I have both a 3 x 4 and a 4 x 6 rounded corner die that I purchased from Amazon. The Crafter's Workshop makes them. It is much faster and more accurate for me than cutting and rounding. I can't see through the die, but I can pretty well line it up before I cut. I use washi tape to keep it in place. I especially like it for cutting 3 1/2 x 5 photos to 3 x 4 PL pocket size. It is surprising to me that neither Sizzix or Spellbinders has this kind of die--it would be so popular!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to msteacher

• msteacher Said:
I have both a 3 x 4 and a 4 x 6 rounded corner die that I purchased from Amazon. The Crafter's Workshop makes them. It is much faster and more accurate for me than cutting and rounding. I can't see through the die, but I can pretty well line it up before I cut. I use washi tape to keep it in place. I especially like it for cutting 3 1/2 x 5 photos to 3 x 4 PL pocket size. It is surprising to me that neither Sizzix or Spellbinders has this kind of die--it would be so popular!

When i started this thread i was hoping spellbinders or sizzix would have one that someone might now about but so far no soap. I want it more for the framing than anything

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Checked at my LSS. She has the Spellbinders (like) die cuts for both sizes. Together they are $24.99. I used the 3 x 4 one today at a Make and Take. We used a Big Shot to cut them.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Checked at my LSS. She has the Spellbinders (like) die cuts for both sizes. Together they are $24.99. I used the 3 x 4 one today at a Make and Take. We used a Big Shot to cut them.

what is the name of the spellbinder die that you lSS has can i find it on SB.com??

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

The WRMemory keepers ones is getting bad reviews, lots of people on fb complaining that they don't cut good, to hard to use and smell awful. I haven't seen one in person so I can't say if any of that is true but so far, not a good response to theirs.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

i ordered that die from the lss. can't wait to get it

I watched a video of the WRMK punch and the person doing it was having trouble cutting certain papers and chipboard.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

• binkiemonstermom Said:
The WRMemory keepers ones is getting bad reviews, lots of people on fb complaining that they don't cut good, to hard to use and smell awful. I haven't seen one in person so I can't say if any of that is true but so far, not a good response to theirs.

"SMELL AWFUL"??????

Spellbinders has framing dies, but I never saw a reason for this punch.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to CrimsonMama

They are saying the punch smells like burnt rubber. I am sure it is something to do with the edging on the die.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

lol, that's strange.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to mrsrogers52513

Wait. I'm obviously missing something here.

A 3"x4" die? You mean a gadget to cut a rectangle? Just a rectangle, for $25?

Surely it's just as quick, and cheaper to use a paper trimmer?

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to RedSquirrel

Guess it's a good tool if you don't know how to use a ruler....

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to t-scraps

oh snap. I don't know if it was this thread or a different one, but someone mentioned that with the 3 x 4 punch thingy, they liked the use it so that they could center their pictures easily since you can see through it. I personally would never buy such product, but everyone is entitled to their opinion!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics