Username Post: Cuttlebug Question        (Topic#1590517)
mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Hey all! What do I need to be able to use Spellbinder and thin dies like those with my Cuttlebug? It seems like I need a bit more for them to cut. I have some of the Hero Arts dies that go with the stamps, and some of the Doodlebug Stamps/Die sets and Lawn Fawn Stamps/Die sets. Thanks!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to mrsrogers52513

cardstock shims
B
paper
die
C
A

A is on the bottom. You'll need a tan embossing mat and a second B plate to get the embossed edge.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to runzalot81

I don't think I have the C plate....just the A and two B I think. I'll look for one today while I'm out of town for work. Thanks!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

Depending on your CB you may not need the Cardstock shims. I would try it without and only use them if it doesn't cut through (note really intricate dies need a 90 degree turn and second pass sometimes).

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to CorrieW

I bought the C plate today, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Yup... to CUT... remember that the word starts with a C and you need the C plate. To emboss, remember that word has a B in it and you need the B plate. I have also purchased the thin metal adaptor and the No More Shims brown rubber pad thing. I find that I couldn't have a "complete" cuttlebug without those things. I did have to order them online... they were not in a store. You can send me a PM if you need more help. The original Cuttlebug set contained all 3 plates... A,b,c. I heard that the newer ones do not contain the C.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Also try using a magnetic sheet cut to size. You may need more than one. It seems to work really well.

You can get magnet sheets very cheaply at Home Depot, in the plumbing dept, sold as vent covers. It comes with 3 long sheets in a package for around $5-$6. They can also be used in a loose-leaf notebook with sheet protectors to store your Spellbinder dies.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Ah, so smart! It's true - the new bugs don't come with the C plate. So do I use this even when using the bigger Sizzix dies that don't need the extra "spacing"? I was thinking that I still sandwich between 2 B plates? Or should I get another C plate and use 2 C's to sandwich for cutting and use the B ones only for embossing? I feel like I have plates coming out of my ears...lol

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

if it's just a bit more thickness that you need to add, try adding an extra page of cardstock or carton (cereal box cartons work super well) - just get a few pieces of various thickness and try. I find it all depends on the material you are cutting - if it's thicker, you may not need an extra layer, for thinner paper you just need that little bit..

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics