Hi everyone! Welcome to another month of the Four Categories Challenge! This challenge is about using our 'stuff' and, maybe, trying something new.
The goal is to complete up to four different LO's, each one fulfilling a different category - product, color, technique, and theme. You may enter one LO for each category, but you may not use the same LO to fulfill more than one of these categories. You do not have to do all four. You may, of course, stack other challenges with any of the LO's you enter here. Only LO's created and uploaded between September 1 and midnight PST September 30, 2013 will qualify.
At the end of the month, I will ask you to vote for your top 3 favorites from each category. You will receive a vote for each of your LO's just for voting, and any twists that are completed will get an extra vote. Those who complete all four LO's will receive an additional vote for each of their LO's. I will create a poll with the top vote-getters from each category so we can choose an overall winner to whom I will send a small RAK. In addition, I will send a little something to an eligible challenge participant chosen by Random.org. To be eligible for this second RAK, a player must enter at least one LO in the challenge, check into the thread at least a few times during the month, AND send in votes before I set up the poll.
Please, read the specs for each challenge carefully! If you have a question, ask!
Category One ~ Product: Brads
I don't know about you, but I have tons and tons of brads. This month, let's use at least 5 brads on a LO.
Twist: For an extra vote, use at least 10 brads on your page. Be sure to point them out for me.
Category Two ~ Color: Light Blue
Baby blue, powder blue, aqua – whatever your interpretation of LIGHT BLUE is, I want to see it this month. No royal or navy – keep your blues pastel in order to qualify for this challenge.
Twist: Add something with texture to your LO.
Category Three ~ Technique: Handmade Embellies
Make at least one embellishment for your LO. It can be anything you wish – it just can't come out of a package – start from scratch. (Some examples: flowers, banners, pinwheels, paper piecing.)
Twist:Use at least one other of our past techniques on your page in addition to your handmade embellie: punching, misting or painting, handmade flowers, recycling, embossing, tearing, doodling, or stamping. (Handmade flowers are the catch here – if you make flowers for this category, they cannot also count for the twist. You must have some other handmade embellie along with your flowers in order for them to meet the twist.) Please specify which techniques you used.
Category Four ~ Theme: Back to School
Most kids are back in school now, so let's do a School themed LO this month. You can think outside the box for this one if you don't have school photos to scrap – maybe dog obedience school, an exercise class you take, or a LO about something you've learned.
Twist: Include an apple somewhere on your page.
The fine print:
1. Any size LO 8x8 or larger is allowed, including 2-pagers. Please post your 2-page LO's with one photo of both pages together. I will allow digi, but please realize some of the challenges will not apply to digi (especially in the technique category). If you can convince me that your digi LO fulfills the challenge, I will allow it. Keep in mind that the RAK will be for paper scrapping.
2. Please allow public embedding on your pages. Also, please specify the category in which you are entering your LO in your post and in your description. If applicable, please explain how your LO fits the challenge, and if you did the twist and where/how. Don't make me hunt for it. If I can't see it, and you didn't tell me about it, you won't get credit for it.
3. If you get love, leave love. I will not be a psycho about this, just do the best you can. However, if I notice that someone habitually neglects commenting on the other players' entry LO's, that person will be disqualified from winning the RAK. No one is going to be excluded from the voting or poll and the chance to win the challenge. I'm just reserving the right to NOT spend my own time and money on buying and shipping a RAK to a person who doesn't participate. It's only if I never or only rarely see the winner's posts on other LO's in the gallery or the winner is someone who doesn't check in here in the forum a few times a month that I will check into it further and decide for myself if I want to make the effort to send something out. Please, don't stress about it!
4. Please, only share LO's that fit one or more of the categories. Commenting on shared LO's is up to each individual player.
Dumbo ~ BOAF August Kit Reveal By DreaSlee
1. Julie (julie101) 1,2,3*,4*
2. Amanda (Scrapanda) 1*,2*,3*,4
3. Carol (NMscrapper) 1*
4. Lesley (LesleyC) 1*,2*,4*
5. Becky (beck_bear) 1*,2*,3*,4*
6. Eileen (ncyankee) 1*,2,4
7. Linda (boricuapr) 1*,2*,3,4*
8. Kena (Bubblegirl) 1*,2*,3,4*
9. Drea (DreaSlee) 1*,3*,4*
10. Mary (GMFTS) 1*,2*,3*,4*
11. Tena (Tena E.) 1*,2*,3*
12. Ana (Scrappin_baby)
13. Rhonda (YourScrapAttack) 2*,3*,4*
14. Jessica (codi2425)
15. Sara (SaraS) 1,2*,3*,4*
16. Denay (denayc)
17. Corky (under5feet) 1*
18. Amy (AllAmy) 1*,2*,3*,4
19. Marci (Marcilb) 1*,2*,4*
20. Olesya (OlesyaK.) 1,2,3,4*
21. Christy (Siimplicity)
22. Deepa (rahulsmom)
23. Doreen (Doreena) 1*,2*,3*,4*
24. Linda (lindaj3) 1,4*
25. Norma (njr007) 3*
26. Pam (fabricfrenzy) 1*,2*,3*,4*