Username Post: divided page protectors newbie        (Topic#1590669)
OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

question to all of you who are using WRMK or Project Life or any other type of divided page protectors..
I'm working on a project that is using a Basic Grey folder which is not a standard 12*12 divided page protectors, but has it's own size. the windows are smth like 3 1/4" by 3 1/4". turns out, when I cut the photo into two 3" pieces, it doesn't fit tightly but leaves a little room in the pocket. when I fill the reverse side with spacers/photos, the reverse shows through because of that extra room. it looks weird, the back of the photo showing. It also makes it look like the gap between the pockets is bigger than it really is.
Question - does that happen with all protectors and what do you do then? fill in between? glue on both sides? cut exactly to 3 1/4" size?

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to OlesyaK.

You could cut a sheet of white or colored printer paper to the exact size of the opening, and use it as a divider. It could also prevent the backs of the photos from sticking to each other, so I would do it with all the openings in your page protectors.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Solitaire

I'd do the same thing.

heidihug
Resident
heidihug
In response to mrsrogers52513

I used those in my wedding album, and lovelovelove them. I took a 12x12 sheet and cut it up into the exact sizes of the divided page protector's pockets, then put my pics on the papers with embellishments, journaling, etc.

We R Memory Keepers just posted some pages made using the divided protectors - search in the Gallery for ideas.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to heidihug

I also cut cardstock the exact size opening and put photos on each side so they look like they are matted. I've even used pretty patterned paper in some of the openings.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
I also cut cardstock the exact size opening and put photos on each side so they look like they are matted. I've even used pretty patterned paper in some of the openings.

and when you store them, do the photos shift around in the pocket so the mat only shows on the top and not the bottom? or do you glue them solidly?
it's confusing. they have to have a manual just for that))

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to heidihug

• heidihug Said:

We R Memory Keepers just posted some pages made using the divided protectors - search in the Gallery for ideas.

thanks for the tip!
I looked at them and they look like the cards fit into the pockets with a bit of room to spare, yet the other side is not showing.... methinks the other side is empty!

Expert
In response to OlesyaK.

When I use the divided pages I usually do not put anything behind the photo/paper unless what I am using does not fit the space (and there's usually a little wiggle room so things fit--but anything more than .25" to .5" I would mat). Depending on the page protector I will sometimes do a tiny strip of adhesive to keep both sides together and neat--especially on the top of a 12x12 page (just seems a little safer.)

Normally I get all of my photos printed in the true digital size of 4x5.25 so if I end up using those in page protectors intended for a 4x6 photo I will usually mat the photos (to the same piece of CS) so they don't slide around too much. But usually if I know I'm going to be using them for a whole project/mini album I'll just order the 4x6 prints.

There are several pictures of some of my different LOs with divided page protectors in my gallery if you want to take a look!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to HuskerMom98

I use my ATG to secure on the cardstock. If I want the mats to be different colors or different patterns on each side then I insert to pieces of paper.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Henri Jean

I scrap each pocket like it's an individual layout. So i cut a piece of paper and tape my photo down and then add my embellishments. the only exception is usually the 3 x 4 pockets I use for journaling so use a journaling card.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Sneezy1956

okay I get it, the idea is that the extra space is there on purpose and we just have to deal with it))

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics