Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Whats your favorite feature in your scraproom?        (Topic#1590719)
Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

I would love to know what's your most favorite feature of your scraproom/scrapspace and why? How does it work for you? Where did you get the inspiration for it? Was it a garage sale find for storage? Is it a particular configuration of furniture? Is it the fact that you share or dont share your room? Is it the miles and miles of paper you own? The sunny window you look out of?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Juansmom

My card catalog, no question.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to aquabunny

My behind-the-door shelving!

http://www.cindyderosier.com/2012/09/ask-cindy-scr aproo...

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to cindy312

My desk. I searched & searched for the maximum desk top as well as storage. The desk I chose flairs out on one end & has 2 drawers & a filing cabinet underneath. I LOVE IT! So much work space & cleans up beautifully!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to flwrgrl

Nothing right now. I am saving up for a makeover next summer. My room has ugly gray furniture and walls that are desperate for paint. I do have one piece of small furniture from Mike's that contains happy supplies and it is white... much better than the ugly gray office furniture.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to pinkpaperairedale

My flat files. I have 2 sets, 5 drawers each and they make up the base that my butcherblock table sits on. I got them for free when my husbands office moved a couple months ago and didn't want to take the "old" furniture to the "new" office. I got my shelves the same way a couple years ago when they moved the first time.

I just took pictures of my scraproom re-do a few minutes ago and am going to try to get them posted this weekend - hopefully some tonight!

heidihug
Resident
heidihug
In response to Juansmom

My new craft table , no doubt. I love it.

Edited by heidihug on 09-06-13 03:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to heidihug

My homemade desk... everything is right there that I use most often.. and it is big enough for 2 if need be. And it sits high and I face the window so I can see outside. I love it.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to kajunkat

The table I have both of my Cricuts on. It's so handy to have them both set up and ready to go when inspiration hits! And I think that I got this table at Target for $39.99, so the price was right!

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to dsouza

My cart that holds my cricut and my silhouette and has 8 drawers. Plenty of room and I have room to grow. I got this cart for Christmas last year, and because of it, I have done a lot more scrapping. LOVE IT!

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to Juansmom

My sticker stands are my favorite features of my room. There are 2 that are 6'ft tall and they hold so much! Then I have several smaller ones that are organized by themes. They all allow me to stay organized. They are my favorite items.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to Cricutgirlg

that it is my own space that I could paint a violet color and make as playful and girly as I like without dh's sayso.

also when I open the door, LOVE that 'paper' smell

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to lifethroughalens

Can you post a picture of your cart or tell me the brand and where you purchased it? Sounds like it might be even better than my table and save some space!

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to dsouza

I love my old beat up solid wood desk and all the shelving stacked on it. It is so handy to get to everything and I have plenty of space to work and I don't have to worry about keeping it perfect.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to KatieJo

I love that most of all our favorites seem to be "repurposed" from something or somewhere else or that we created ourselves!!! Funny tho, that no one has said "my plastic storage bins" or something equally conspicuously consumptive!!!

My favorite, which will prob change, is the fact that my "Playroom" and my sons' "Playroom" are the same room...he can play on one side, while I "play" on the other. The Playroom is part of our finished basement, heated, carpeted, and televisioned. We like to go down and relax together. Other than that, i'd say my storage cabinet. I got it as a hand-me-down from my brother. It has four cubicles on top that are 13x13, and four drawers on bottom that are similarly sized...kinda like the Ikea Expedit with drawers. It holds paper stacks, photo boxes, iris boxes, my cuttlebug, markers, stamps, and cr@p that I havent sorted/decided to scrap yet. Its huge, and it was free!!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Juansmom

Gotta love free, Juansmom! If you are a recycler, then scrapbooking is right up your alley, isn't it?

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to dsouza

But I also really do like my plastic Super Satchel Art Bins too! Does that make me "conspicuously consumptive"?
Products Referenced in This Post:

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to KatieJo

LOL! I think everyone should have a blend of old and new storage!

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Juansmom

I would have to say that my favorite feature is the table I got from Walmart. It is so great to have a space to leave "works in progress!" Of course I live in a house of all boys so I really love my chandelier in the room that makes is an official "mom cave!" LOL

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Vintageivy

All my paper! I love how it feels and smells!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics