Username Post: need ideas for embellishments        (Topic#1590767)
Tenant

years ago i went on a vacation to a national park. this was before i scrap booked. i didn't get anything that could be used for embellishments. now i want to scrapbok some of the pictures and can't find stuff for embellishments. any suggestions?

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to mamajoy

Try doing a search here for parks whatever words you think might work, or you could find someone with a Cricut and make your own.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to bonprof

Also consider that you don't need to use embellishments directly related to the specific parks - I mean, you don't need to use titles or embellishments that actually say "Such-and-such National Park." What do you remember about your vacation? What are your pictures about? Look for embellishments related to your feelings and memories and topics of specific photos, instead of broader stuff related only to specific parks.

PaulaB102
Tenant
PaulaB102
In response to mamajoy

I have done 2 or 3 NP layouts. I try to always add an NPS logo on the page.

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 3805019.h... (see, in front of the train?)
http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 3804991.h... (left-side of 2 pg) http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 3804989.h... (logo on this page)

Since I usually print my pics at home, I copy/saved the logo from NPS.gov and printed it in different sizes.

And I totally agree with aquabunny... if you search for 'National Park' in the gallery layouts, you'll see that most don't use park-specific embellishments.

Resident
In response to PaulaB102

Do you happen to have the park map-could be a brochure?

Embellies: trees (stamp, die cut or stickers)
colors: neutrals, green, brown and blue

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to SunshineScrapper1

Do you have any stamps? Don't forget that you can use stamps and make your own embellies!!!

merreena
Veteran
merreena
In response to binkiemonstermom

perhaps you can cut shapes of leaves / tree branches on chipboards and paint them

Tenant
In response to PaulaB102

thank you for your ideas. your scrapbook ideas are adorable

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to mamajoy

As far as the name of the park or location, I love to spell out the word(s) with my alphabet stickers or stamps. Also, I like searching thru my stash of used cards that I've saved thru the years. You might very well find some images that could be used in your park theme. You could also cut out words or letters to use in making the name of the park. Good luck!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to flwrgrl

Look for travel kits. They usually have a lot of general stuff that you can use on any trip.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to mamajoy

try also camping, scouts, outdoors, trees, compass, etc.
there is some cute stuff out there

Resident
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Simple Stories-Take A Hike ....perfect!

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to SunshineScrapper1

I buy fabric leaves from Prima and other companies, those would be perfect if your national parks are leafy ones. Also, animals or bugs, depending which parks you went to.

If you want to make your own, you can print a map of the park or other info from the Internet. There are also all sorts of state themed products in the store here, and they definitely have stuff for the bigger parks.

If you search "Yellowstone" in the store here, you come up with a bunch of things you would use.

dlslepkaz
New Kid On the Block
dlslepkaz
In response to boysmom

You could contact the National Park Ranger's office and ask them to mail you a brochure, a map something for a potential visitor. Or they may even have those items on their website in a pdf format to download and print; then you could add park specific items if you wanted. Also - in Yahoo do an image search....i.e. yellowstone images; then you can copy and paste the images you like into word or power point and then send to color printer and cut out. Works wonderfully!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to boysmom

Trees, squirrels, mushrooms, flowers, camping badges, hiking tags/badges, anything outdoors/nature related would work......
Products Referenced in This Post:

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to kiyawinn

qulling help a lot with this type of problems.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics