Username Post: using tissue wrap        (Topic#1590769)
Tenant

HOW IS THIS ADHERED TO THE PAGE?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to mamajoy

I haven't tried that - it looks lovely!

If you look at the product you've linked, there are a few projects which have used it. One of them lists an adhesive. Another thing you could try is to leave a comment on their work, asking what they used. Most people don't mind being asked.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I don't know if this would work... they make special double sided tape for vellum. Vellum is pretty fragile so it might work..........you would need to try it on some scraps, first.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I generally use a Matte Medium (in the Arcylic Paint Isle) or other type of mixed media adhesive to add things that the tissue wrap to my projects.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to mamajoy

I would think that you could use a stapler, paper clip or maybe even a brad. You could also glue it under something on one edge.

heidihug
Resident
heidihug
In response to Unique scrapper

I use vellum tape or a regular tape runner under see-through or delicate papers like this. Clips or staples are a great idea, too

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to heidihug

I use matte multi medium. Doesn't add any sine, and sticks great.

The tissue paper is pretty tough for tissue paper in my opinion. Don't worry about tearing it easily.
Products Referenced in This Post:

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to SherylEb

Depends on the look you want....
I have diecut the paper and then used Mod Podge to adhere it to the BG...adds a flat decoration to the page.
I have also diecut shapes and then used them as embellishments....for example a flower shape where I curled the edges, attached with a glue dot or brad and it's a 3D embellishment....

Just Nora
Idol
Just Nora
In response to kiyawinn

For tissue paper, I have used Mod Podge. You would sponge it on the background first and lay down the tissue. Then sponge Mod Podge over it. It will buckle a little but it gives a cool effect.

I used this kind of technique to make the background on this container:

Thrift Item Article

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to Just Nora

I usually use double sided tape (if under a layered look) or add a staple or 2 where needed

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics