Username Post: chalk edgers        (Topic#1590791)
tete853
Veteran
tete853

I just bought some fluid chalk edgers by prima. I really like them, but I'm having trouble with them drying. Even after leaving them dry all over night, if I put my finger on the inked paper the color drags. Does anyone have the same problem?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tete853

Yes, I have also. I usually leave it on a bit and then run a tissue over the edge.

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to Sunnydi

I like other brands better, they don't have that problem. The one I got from Prima made a mess.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to boysmom

Do you mean these? I'm glad to know it because in the information in the Superstore here it says they dry fast! That would not be fast.

I'm fine with extended dry time as long as I know about it in advance.

heidihug
Resident
heidihug
In response to CrimsonMama

I find this the case with almost all true liquid chalk edgers. I run a tissue over the edge, also, and then, if necessary, use my heated embossing tool to blow it dry.

tete853
Veteran
tete853
In response to heidihug

thank you so much for your replies! I'll try running a tissue then

CrimsonMama, yes! I was asking about those inks

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to tete853

I'm so glad you posted this. I love Prima and I've been tempted to get those!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CrimsonMama

I love the cats eye fluid chalk. Seems to dry pretty instantly. I would hate ones that don't dry instantly.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Henri Jean

I like these better than the cat eye inks. Haven't noticed, the slow drying time, but will remember that for next time. I use distress inks alot, and they tend to dry slow too.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Henri Jean

Cat eyes are my favorite, too!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to dsouza

I have the prima ones, and I used to have other brand too (cat eyes?). I like Primas because they don't dry in the package - the other chalk ink dried up, the pad fell off, and the whole thing had to be tossed out within a year of purchase.

As for drying, I think it depends on the material you use. Chipboard soaks ink right in, watercolor paper will always saturate right in, and so does most of the cardstock. Other cardstock (glossy or waxed or resistant) will let the ink stay on the surface and will not saturate..

Pink Spoonbill
Diva
Pink Spoonbill
In response to OlesyaK.

Quick Quotes has a chalk ink pads and I like them. They dry pretty fast and last forever.

I hadn't tried the tissue trick. So easy. Thanks.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Pink Spoonbill

I have a lot of the colours of the Prima ones shown above....I use them all the time and have not had any issues with drying!
I love using them to edge my pages, embellishments, tags etc. and I also have used them on stencils...no problem on regular cardstock or pp....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics