Username Post: Childhood Pictures        (Topic#1590795)
New Kid On the Block

I have recently pulled out all of my childhood pictures to scrap and I am not sure where to start except for my title page. I can't decide whether to do chronological, events, etc. Does anyone have any ideas on what they chose to do with their pictures from childhood??

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to momatlast10

I am working on mine and I choose to go chronological. so I wouldnt be gluing anything down, I am using 3 ring binders and divided page protectors like the We R memory keepers ones. I put all of my pictures in chronologically and as I get time or am inspired, I am going back and adding journaling (that part I am not doing chronologically, just as the inspiration to tell the stories comes to me).

New Kid On the Block
In response to Shutterbugg

Thank you for the idea. I am going to look into the We R Memory Keepers binders. They seem like a really good idea. I am going to start sorting through my pictures this weekend

heidihug
Resident
heidihug

I did two albums of about 30 pages each of my life, birth through college. My parents didn't take a lot of pics, and I was the youngest, so, you know, not a lot to work with. I did it chronologically, in mostly two page spreads with one or two pics on each page. The papers and embellishments have a decidedly 70's and 80's theme to them, I wanted to make sure anyone looking at them got the "feel" for the time. Did more journaling than I normally do, also (which is pretty much nada).

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to heidihug

I did an album of my childhood pictures, but did not do it chronologically. I just put like Christmas together, Halloween together, etc.

Scrapjanny
Resident
Scrapjanny
In response to mrsrogers52513

I've actually been scrapbooking them randomly, but I am in the planning stages of a "Book of Me" album to celebrate my 50th birthday this month. The album will be a work in progress, of course.

dlslepkaz
New Kid On the Block
dlslepkaz
In response to Scrapjanny

I use 3 ring binders for family photos - I have one for me, my sister, my parents, in-laws, cousins and friends. They are always a work in progress because I add random photos as they come up (not specific events like vacations - they are 12x12 scrapbooks of their own) I started out chronological - but now its just as I get a photo from whenever / whereever - I add it. I'm up to Volums 2 for me, my sister and my cousins.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to mrsrogers52513

• mrsrogers52513 Said:
I did an album of my childhood pictures, but did not do it chronologically. I just put like Christmas together, Halloween together, etc.

This is how I'm doing my adult children's books - to give them hopefully at Christmas.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

• momatlast10 Said:
Thank you for the idea. I am going to look into the We R Memory Keepers binders. They seem like a really good idea. I am going to start sorting through my pictures this weekend

I don't like the WRM photo sleeves nor sheet protectors because they are 'cloudy' looking compared to other brands. See this photo to show what I mean:

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/42425/view/ 3528885/1...

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Sunnydi

I do them randomly. I have been doing this with all of my family's photos (3 siblings and my parents). However, I order them chronologically. I use photo corners so as not to be gluing down the only copies, other than that I scrap as usual.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to GwynnAsbury

I only use 3 ring binders from HL and I've created several books about myself. I have a school years book that's chronological and then I have childhood pictures that I enjoyed that I scrapped and I have a college and young woman one. Some LOs are vintage papers, but most just appeal to my taste.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Sunnydi

Do you recommend a different brand of 3 ring binder? That seems to be the best way to scrap a lot of pictures without have to do 5 different albums. I have never used them, but I think I am going to try one of them.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Cricutgirlg

I looked into the Hobby Lobby binders and they are much cheaper than We R Memory Keepers. I might try them also. Thanks!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Scrapjanny

Happy Birthday Early! I am sure that will be a fun project for you. I am looking forward to doing my Book of Me for my son to look at when he is older. I want to put in mine things that he normally wouldn't know about me and my life.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

I use the HL 3 ring binders quite often and they hold up well. They often run them and te refill pages on sale, but you can use a 40% coupon if they happen to not be on sale when you need one. I also like the Memory Maker albums because they come in so many great colors.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

I use the HL 3 ring also. Have 27 full of layouts (average 80 pages per album) and 6 full of diecuts and other embellishments.

Yikes! That's 33 of them and I need more - finished filling my last one today.

I like that they have a bigger place on the spine to slip a card in to list what the layouts are. And they have them all the time 50% off.

I also made a reference book out of an 8 1/2 x 11 notebook. My scrapbooks are numbered on the spine.

In my reference book anyone can look up their name and it lists the book numbers all of the layouts they are in and the subject of the layouts - Christmas 2012, John's birthday party 2011 etc.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Henri Jean

I'm working on a "book of me" right now with all my childhood, teen photos...
I'm doing it somewhat chronologically but I'm doing stories and a fair bit of journalling with the photos. For instance, I scrapped photos of me in the snow and talked about winters when I was young and how they've changed over the years...I scrapped photos of my birthdays and talked about how we celebrated birthdays when I was young (parties at home)...You get the idea!
A lot of my layouts have pics from different years in order to tell the story...

Winter By Kiyawinn

Happy Camper By Kiyawinnml" title="http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 3925203.ht Happy Camper By Kiyawinnml" Birthday By Kiyawinn

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics