Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: Favorite Punches        (Topic#1590811)
dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

What are your favorite "go to" punches - the ones you just couldn't live without? I love my 3" circle and square. I've also used my punch that makes a file folder tab alot.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to dsouza

Ohhhh I love punches! I have a lot of them!

My faves are my "Tag" punch, my "Large Circle" punch and my "Photo Corner" punch!

My "Heart" punch is a close runner-up!

I just bought a "Hexagon" punch this past weekend and I can't wait to use it!

Edited by Doreena on 09-10-13 09:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Doreena

I was just thinking about this last night....I need more basic Punches.

I want to get squares in sizes larger than my CM ones and Circles as well.

I want different star and hear shapes but I don't like the CM ones at all....Suggestions?

I also want to get Hexagons in different sizes. Must find more....

I love my border punches....LOVE them all. (I have about 40 of them) but I need basics....any suggestions are appreciated.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to PhotobearSam

I really love the Marvy punches. I have the circle and square punch below and really, really want the scalloped circle punch as well. They come in different sizes. I don't have a hexagon shaped punch, but I obviously need to check that out.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to dsouza

I love these two and use them A LOT!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I love my border punches. I would have to say that my favorite right now is the EK success mini dotted scallop punch. It is like the Fiskars one only SMALL, LOVE IT

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I have the Fiskar border punch, but oh, oh! Drippy goo!! How cool is that! I must have one!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to dsouza

Wow great topic, it's so hard to pick, I've never thought about it but I LOVE punches!

So....I will spread the love around on the brands here goes:

MS has just come out with a couple of new ones I am eyeing. And I don't have the circle punch system yet....still thinking about it. I have 44, some of them really small so I have to choose carefully space wise.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 09-10-13 11:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

For small punches I love the Fiskars squeeze punches. Those are so easy to use. I've had other corner punches and now only use the Fiskars rounded corner punches. So easy on my wrist.

I bought several round-the-page sets from Martha Stewart and hated them. Just couldn't get them right! I finally did a couple last week that came out perfect and now I'm in love with the round-the-page sets.

I bought 4 or 5 more sets of those in the last 2 weeks - was surprised that some are larger than others and use different paper sizes! Wildflowers and spiral arches are the two that you need larger paper for - just as a heads up. The rest all take a smaller size paper.

I also like the ribbon strip borders - don't know what you call them but they aren't for the borders - both sides cut.

I have the drippy goo border too! Its one of my favorites.

For some reason I HAD to have the Fiskars (I think its Fiskars) new rooster punch. No rhyme or reason why - just really liked him. Have no idea when I will use it. Maybe when we go to Key West again as there are chickens everywhere.

Edited by Henri Jean on 09-10-13 11:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to CrimsonMama

Thanks for sharing, Crimson Mama! I really like the Notebook Edge punch. I can think of all kinds of uses for that one! And Martha Stewart really does have some lovely punches, doesn't she? Hmmm, I'm seeing a few of those in my future!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Henri Jean

Henri Jean, someday you'll think to yourself "you know, I have that rooster punch that would be perfect for this page!" And you will know why the Scrapbook Gods whispered in your ear and said, "Buy it!"

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Oh yeah, I have the ribbon strip too...another great one!

I just got the EK Success Film strip punch. I don't see it here.

What about Puzzled?!
Products Referenced in This Post:

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

• Henri Jean Said:

For some reason I HAD to have the Fiskars (I think its Fiskars) new rooster punch. No rhyme or reason why - just really liked him. Have no idea when I will use it. Maybe when we go to Key West again as there are chickens everywhere.

I did this same thing with the EK Success Anchor Punch........

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GwynnAsbury

There's an anchor punch? I NEED that one! Is it current?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Ooooooooh - I just went to ebay. There are 2 ek Success anchor punches. One is a punch with an anchor, appears to be a good size and there is an anchor border punch.

I must have them both. The scrapbook Gods are whispering to me again.

Love the puzzle punch - only used it on one layout but it is awesome! Love it! Will use it more. Especially on layouts with the granddaughters when they work puzzles later.

heidihug
Resident
heidihug

Any MS punches, I love them all. Particularly the around the page ones. The big punches I like are so darn heavy, but I lug them to every crop because if I didn't I would be unhappy with not having them.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to heidihug

Love punches and have many, not even to be counted!
Very interested in new MS punches and the EK success Film Strip. Need to look these up.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-10-13 06:41 PM
In response to ChansGram

Corners and borders!

And I am in serious need of Drippy Goo.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to stick

I feel a new obsession coming on!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

• Henri Jean Said:
Ooooooooh - I just went to ebay. There are 2 ek Success anchor punches. One is a punch with an anchor, appears to be a good size and there is an anchor border punch.

I must have them both. The scrapbook Gods are whispering to me again.

Love the puzzle punch - only used it on one layout but it is awesome! Love it! Will use it more. Especially on layouts with the granddaughters when they work puzzles later.

I personally liked the Anchor dies offered by Quickutz over the punch. And those of you wondering... here is the border punch and a MS punch i have been eying for AGES

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics