Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Two new Cricut cartridges announced        (Topic#1590869)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Oh dear. Cricut has two new cartridges and I want them both!

One is Monster Bash - cutest little Halloween things on it. Gotta have it. Also has Halloween-themed doily images. Too cute! http://www.cricut.com/shopping/detail-depar tment-Monste...

Edge-to-Edge is the other new cartridge. Much like the lace one or Elegant Edges only it covers a full 12 x 12 - that is my understanding and the cuts are beautiful! That one is only available at Joanns. http://www.cricut.com/shopping/detail-depar tment-Edge-t...

I hope it is okay to link those here - I'm just showing what they look like!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Henri Jean

I am wondering if that means the other cartridges with 12x12 cuts will also now cut a full 12x12? I am not sure how they can do this if the machine is limited. I am curious. Are you gonna get them Henri?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GwynnAsbury

Yeah - I probably will. I linked above and the description says it cuts edge-to-edge so the entire page will be filled. Interesting. Look at it and see what you think but that is how I read it. Is the machine really limited or has it been limited by the programming on the other carts?

Since I got Cricut Craftroom I have gone crazy over carts - For the first time since I got my Cricut 4 years ago - I'm having fun with it!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

OOOOOOOOO thanks for sharing henri Jean! I MUST have that edge to edge one!!!!!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

It may be a limitation of the programing, not sure, but it would be nice if the programing applied to all the previous carts as well.....

Pink Spoonbill
Diva
Pink Spoonbill
In response to GwynnAsbury

Henri is evil and must be destroyed.

I need and want the edge to edge. It is about time they made one that could. I agree with Gwynn and hope the other cartridges could be. Even using the fit to page feature doesn't get the full 12 x 12. Do you think we will have to buy a new machine to get the full 12 x 12?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Pink Spoonbill

I cannot buy a new machine! Headed out in a few minutes to Joanns to see if they have this cartridge!

And will check out the haunted fences MS punch I want and the Monster Bash cartridge.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Got the edge-to-edge. It's $24.99 on sale at Joanns instead of $29.99.

However, they had the label that hangs from the peg but it is yellow - because it is a seasonal or special cartridge (goes away the end of 2013).

My Joanns had the label but couldn't find any cartridges. When checking they found that there were two in the store that Cricut sent but they were only able to locate 1 of them and that was after looking for 15 minutes and finding it in a box.

Like all the new Cricut boxes coming in - the new packages is about 4 x 4 or 5 x 5. It does not have the big spiral book or the keyboard overlay like the carts always have. Even the cartridges which have been out for a long time are coming in that size on reorders.

They sell a generic overlay for $2.99 and the package of the edge-to-edge said everyone needs that. When I got home I stopped to think - I don't need it! I am using it with Cricut Craft Room and I don't need the overlays with the CCR.

They did not have the Monster Bash yet. Didn't have the haunted fence punch yet. When I get those two things - my wish list is complete.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Henri Jean Check out the Close to My Heart Cartridges I love love love mine. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to buy their new on.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sneezy1956

Are they on the Cricut website?

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Have fun!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to mrsrogers52513

Thanks for sharing. Love the edge to edge one. Wish I would have saw this yesterday. J's had a 13 cent shipping coupon.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to tinadn

Yes you can view them there Henri Jean but you have to buy them from Close to My heart. Warning they are expensive but you get two fonts and about 200 images on each. I've used so much off of the first two that I'm seriously considering the last one.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I use philosophy the most, hoping to get the newest one next month.
I think I read somewhere they have over 600 images on them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tinadn

I've got to check out Close to my Heart, although I keep saying I'll quit buying them! I'm just getting worse!

I've heard philosophy is very good.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

have you tried the edge to edge yet? I want a FULL review! I am skeptical because Cricut has advertised their previous carts with these types of papers as doing the full 12x12.... one of my biggest complaints is that the cricut advertised a full 12x12 and can't go to the edge...... Come on Henri, I want a review girl!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
I use philosophy the most, hoping to get the newest one next month.
I think I read somewhere they have over 600 images on them.

isn't philospophy just awesome! And with Craft room you can layer other stuff on your tags and cut some of the cutest custom stuff.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

Thanks for educating me on the CTMH cartridges! I've seen Philosophy mentioned in different threads but had no idea you had to buy them through CTMH. I didn't even know CTMH made cartridges!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to dsouza

• dsouza Said:
Thanks for educating me on the CTMH cartridges! I've seen Philosophy mentioned in different threads but had no idea you had to buy them through CTMH. I didn't even know CTMH made cartridges!

Oh DS you have o look at them I just made a polaroid frame with my CTMH Philosophy cart I love the rolled flowers on it.

Here is a layout I made all the flowers and the title from that cartridge

Edited by Sneezy1956 on 09-14-13 03:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

That didn't take much convincing, Sneezy! Love your page and all the embellishments! I assume that I will have to contact a CTMH rep in order to buy a cartridge. Is that correct? Or could I luck out and find a new one on some of the other sites?

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics