Username Post: pages that open - help        (Topic#1590905)
Moklettke
Expert
Moklettke

[image]http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/220557/view /4029705/-1/0/2.html[/image]

I posted pics on my scrapbook gallery, so you can see what I'm talking about, but I saw this layout, and want to try it, but not sure how. The layout opens out like a gate. Then, under that, there are four squares that pull up and down. (2up, 2down). I'm trying to figure out how you secure these and still have them open. Any ideas? There were no visable attachments such as photo anchors or Brads. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-15-13 04:19 AM
In response to Moklettke

The link doesn't work

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to KimKV

this should work. It's from Motlettke's gallery. Molettke, in your gallery you need to click "imbed" and then follow the instructions to copy and paste the link over here.
1st open By Moklettke

If I were to guess how this was done, I would say that there is some overlapping of the pages. It looks like the main part of the layout (the part that would lay flat) has two layers of cardstock. The pages that pull down/up are probably secured with adhesive and then hidden in between those two main cardstock layers. Or....the pull up/pull down page is one page by itself, laid perpendicular to each other. The base of the pull up/pull down page is probably hidden under the main page.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Ok....now that I can see this photo again, I would guess that the latter part of my description is how this layout was put together. Scoring the pull up/pull down page on each end would allow it to fold easily. Very clever design!

Moklettke
Expert
Moklettke
In response to Luvmyfam

Thanks luvmyfam! For fixing the link problem and the suggestion. It works great!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Moklettke

You're welcome :-)

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Luvmyfam

Hmmmm.....

Why do you think it pulls up and down?

It looks to me like 4 folds. The entire thing is a + shape, with the top and bottom folding in, then the sides over that.

Probably the easiest way to figure it out is to PM the person who posted it, and ask.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Bxr-Linda

I would say they have a 1/2 to 3/4 inch fold on the ends of the flaps that are used to attach the pages. I really don't know how to describe it but what I do is if I want a flap on a page I cut the flap 1/2 in longer than I want the flap to be score on the 1/2 in mark and fold it. Then I put tape on the 1/2 in piece and tape it to my page before I lay down my decorations.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics