Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: When?        (Topic#1590923)
bonprof
Mayor
bonprof

When did you know you were obsessed with scrapbooking and everything that goes with it? I started scrapbooking in 2003 but its only been in the last 4 years that I'm obsessed.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

I scrapbooked in 1969 when Bill and I were dating - first time I ever scrapbooked and I was obsessive about keeping it up.

When we broke up end of 1970 I quit scrapbooking, just lost interest.

Didn't start again until we got back together in 1996. When I started again I was really obsessive - started documenting everything. Maybe its because we lost 38 years and so I don't want to miss anything this time - maybe that is it.

Whatever the reason, I'm obsessed.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Henri Jean

I started my obsession immediately after my first scrapbooking class in 2004. It tamed down to "hobby level" sometime in 2012. I loved the obsession stage, but the hobby level is far kinder to my pocketbook.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Luvmyfam

I got obsessive in 2009, had been scrapbooking since about 2005 or so before that. I had a huge room in my basement and I had it all. I could afford it because I still lived with my parents so it was great! At the end of 2010, I went through a really hard breakup with my boyfriend of 5 years and decided I wanted a fresh start and to be more independent. I moved out of my parents house into my own place. I got a 2 bedroom apartment for a really good price. Once I was by myself though, I didn't have as much time and wasn't doing as much stuff. I met my now husband in March of 2012 and I lost interest. Not because I didn't like it anymore, but because he wanted to spend time with me...which it wasn't like that with my ex. I used scrapbooking as a way to cope and be in denial about my relationship falling apart. After my husband and I got engaged and I was working on wedding projects, I realized how much I missed being creative. After our wedding, I worked on some old kits I had, and now I'm back in obsessive mode!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to mrsrogers52513

I've been doing this since the early 90's and it has gotten worse instead of better.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Sneezy1956

• Sneezy1956 Said:
I've been doing this since the early 90's and it has gotten worse instead of better.

PLEASE don't tell me it get's worse! I really have a problem. Sometimes I lay awake at night thinking about a LO! I have a problem. I can't stop shopping. My obsession vary from papers, to stamps to inks to dies. Then back again. I have a problem.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CrimsonMama

Sounds like maybe we should start a scrappers anonymous!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Henri Jean

2008, but I haven't got obsessed. I just enjoy the challenge and the colours.

ljstout
Tenant
ljstout
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I have been scrapbooking for 13 years and I'd say I was addicted the 1st week, but even more now.. now I am obsessed lol.. I almost always by in bulk!!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to ljstout

My obsessions wane in and out. I'll be obsessed with scrapbooking for a while and then I'll switch over to an obsession with knitting and then I'll switch over to cake decorating for a while. I've learned to just go with the flow and know that this obsession will fade into another obsession.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• CrimsonMama Said:
  • Sneezy1956 Said:

PLEASE don't tell me it get's worse! I really have a problem. Sometimes I lay awake at night thinking about a LO! I have a problem. I can't stop shopping. My obsession vary from papers, to stamps to inks to dies. Then back again. I have a problem.

There are worse obsessions to have...right?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

I can't pinpoint exactly when I got obsessed but I think it started shortly after i joined Scrapbook.com, LOL!
And it got worse when I dsocvered Scrapbook Kit Clubs and Scrappy Blog Challenges...so I think about 5 years ago.
I would rather buy scrappy supplies than clothes...but I think it's because i know Scrappy supplies will always "fit"! HAHAHAHAHAH!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Doreena

It does get worse but the good thing is it's not bad for our health Right now I"m on a spray kick I have more spray then any one person needs

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Sneezy1956

I started in 2005 and bought a bunch of stickers and deco scissors. I mainly scrapped with friends as a social thing. In 2009 I started getting into different techniques. The last four years I have really become obsessed especially with all the mixed media stuff. I love adding texture, ink, and paint to my los. In the last year I have started getting into altered projects and stamping, which only fuels the obsession.

Edited by andrea m on 09-16-13 09:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof
In response to andrea m

I feel so much better after reading everyone's comments!! I would rather buy scrappy stuff than shoes and clothes. Wow.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to bonprof

My very best scrapbooking BFF is a native of New Zealand but she came to the U.S. 20+ years ago to work as a nurse. This woman is an artist when it comes to scrapbooking! Honestly, I would not be anywhere near as creative in my scrapbooking without her influence. She uses stamps and chalk and dyes and stickles and colored pens, etc. like no one you have ever seen. I call her my scrapbooking muse! Two of her sons and her two small grandaughters are still in New Zealand and she and her U.S. born spouse moved back three years ago. It's been hard and I miss her terribly, but she did need to be back home with family. I have to say that she started my real obsession with scrapbooking. She opened up a world of possibilities for me.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to dsouza

I always tell my husband there are much worse things I could be obsessed with...like drugs or something!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsrogers52513

so true!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
I feel so much better after reading everyone's comments!! I would rather buy scrappy stuff than shoes and clothes. Wow.

Exactly. One year I asked DH to get me only giftcards to clothing stores. It was the only way I would buy much-needed clothing!

48SixTime
Mayor
48SixTime

Sorry to say it does get worse!!!

The more you learn, the more stuff you NEED!

I am an embellishment junkie!

I have been scrapping since about 2002, but moved into the obsessed stage about 2 years ago when I decided to make a large scrap book for my parents 60th anniversary!

I just keep adding more Sterilite drawers!

I now have a journal next to my bed so if I have an idea I can write it down! I then look through the journal when making layouts.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics