Username Post: How many of you have both        (Topic#1590943)
GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

a Cricut and another electronic die cutter? Do you use your cricut still? I love my cricut however, i get frustrated with its inability to cut small and/or intricate shapes. I am considering a Cameo and was curious how many of you have both and use them both?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to GwynnAsbury

Had a wishblade hated it still have my cricut.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sneezy1956

I have a Cricut and a Slice - use both of them. Was using the Slice more, but now have Cricut Craft Room and using it more. Cricut put two more free full-cartridges in my account today as a complete surprise.

One is "FRIGHT" and I forgot the other name but I like it! I think I have about 4 free ones from in the past month or so.

I don't know why and it doesn't make sense but I seem to be getting more delicate cuts with my cricut since I got CCR. I'm cutting things I couldn't cut out at all before.

Another cute one added to my account today is called "Gears".

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Henri Jean

I saw the new carts as well! Haven't had a chance to look at them as I was working on some specific projects and being very focused. I have just been wondering if other machines would be able to do small and detailed cuts better than the cricut..... especially when purchasing digital cut files that are not ProvoCraft....

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens

I have a cricut expression and the original silhouette. I use both and since I have started watching silhouette tuts and have learned to download fonts from the internet, I foresee me using my silhouette even more. My silhouette cuts intricut(sp?) shapes much better than my cricut,but I have cartridges that I really like so I am keeping both (for now).

Diva
In response to lifethroughalens

Cricut for now. Not interested in another tool.

48SixTime
Mayor
48SixTime
In response to bayamonesa1

My Cricut died. Sounds like I should try the Cameo.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to 48SixTime

I have them both and use them both. Wouldn't part with either!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to ChansGram

I have a Silhouette, but I've always been attracted to the Slice.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to RedSquirrel

I own both machines and I use them both often. I scrap daily and I switch between the two. I like them for different reasons. I will never get rid of my cricut because I invested quite a bit into my cart library and my Cameo I pay as I go. The Cameo cuts more intricate things, but I love welding things on my Gypsy and cutting away from a computer on the Cricut.

bbarthej
Veteran
bbarthej
In response to Cricutgirlg

I have a Cricut and a Slice. I use each for different things/reasons. Love them both.

Veteran
In response to bbarthej

I have a Cricut Expression and the origianl Silhouette. I still use both.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to GAKropper

I all of a sudden feel that I am not alone in having a cutter and wanting another one..... For a while I thought I had a gimmie sickness!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

I'm thinking i'd like a cameo but I'm not quite to the point where I'd break the bank to get one just yet. So i'll still use my cricut E and be happy till that time i just have to have a Cameo

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to cescrapper

• cescrapper Said:
I'm thinking i'd like a cameo but I'm not quite to the point where I'd break the bank to get one just yet. So i'll still use my cricut E and be happy till that time i just have to have a Cameo

This is how I have been feeling. I like my Cricut and will most likely always have one, so I am trying to decide if I need a Silhouette or a Cameo....

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl

I have a Slice and a Cricut. I have to say I like my Cricut best. I am scared, leery, lazy (?) of connecting my cutting machine to my computer. As to intricate cuts....I found that the type of paper you use goes a long way in making neat cuts. I love CorDinations paper.

Edited by southgirl on 09-20-13 05:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to southgirl

I don't have an electronic Die Cutter but I do have the Cricut and a Big Shot. I guess the difference to me is simply the image. Whichever one has the image I want is the one I use lol Cricut is better if say I'm doing a Halloween album, I can cut a bunch of images from an all Halloween cartridge and play around with, move them etc and already have many cut to choose from. The Big Shot is more like a quick access type thing, like suddenly wanting a single ornate edge photo mat or something to that extent

crystalmorse
Guru
crystalmorse
In response to MyCraftyAddiction

I have been saving my pennies for a long time to get my Cricut. I got it this summer and wish I had gotten the big shot. It's on my list next.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics