Username Post: New Grandbaby        (Topic#1590955)
dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

Good morning, all! It's an especially good morning at our house. My step son and his wife had their first baby at 1:10am this morning! 6 lbs. 2 ou., 18 3/4 inches long. She had to have a C Section but Mom and baby are doing great so that's all that matters, right? This makes two granddaughters for us - the oldest is 11 months old. My husband and I each had a son from our first marriages so girls are a little new to me. I'm sure enjoying scrapbooking all the girlie layouts, though!! I've scrapbooked almost every boy theme you can think of through the years. I'd love to hear about your favorite girl themes, paper, kits, etc.

48SixTime
Mayor
48SixTime
In response to dsouza

Congrats!!!

You will have so much fun making girlie layouts!

I have so much fun scrapping with my 2 granddaughters, 6 and 11!

Theme: PINK, PINK, AND PINK, and lots of flowers! lol

Edited by 48FiveTime on 09-17-13 07:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to dsouza

Congrats...how exciting. I scrap my granddaughter but don't buy kits... She's got redhair so if you check out my gallery you'll know who she is.

Have fun... kiss the baby for me.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Sunnydi

My son has red hair, but his daughter is a brunette. I have to admit I was not so secretly really hoping for a little red headed girl, but I very quickly adjusted and realized that my GD's hair was perfection just as it was! Aren't grandmothers silly? I just finished up the first granddaughters scrapbooks of her baby showers, birth and first week. I had bought TONS of pink paper but was really surprised that I found myself using many other colors in addition to the pink pages. My challenge with the new baby is that her Mom and Dad are kind of anti-pink and anything "girlie girl". (I know, it's a little odd.) Being a confirmed girlie girl myself it will be a struggle not to reach for pink and lace and glitter on her pages!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dsouza

That's not odd at all - that's pretty much how I feel.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to aquabunny

You can still do pages of her for yourself with pink and glitter if you want. They are your pages, grandma - congrats on the new grandchild!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to RedSquirrel

oh congratulations - that's exciting!
I have to say, I love to scrap minis for my nieces - having only boys myself, I crave the pinks and the flowers too)

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-17-13 09:34 AM
In response to OlesyaK.

Congratulations!
Being silly is a grandma perogative - and actually our duty.

I love doing not so girly pages for my two dgds (and my dd).
Here are few I have done with various degrees of girly or not and at various ages

Christmas Angel By GMFTS

Savannah Sunshinee By GMFTS

Princess Attitude By GMFTS

Xtreme Girl By GMFTS

Again congratulations and keep on being silly.

Edited by GMFTS on 09-17-13 09:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

48SixTime
Mayor
48SixTime
In response to GMFTS

Aren't grandmas FUN!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to 48SixTime

Thank you all for the well wishes and the awesome LO 's! I spent all afternoon at the hospital cuddling on that new baby so I am one happy Nana tonight!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

Congraulations! how exciting.

My daugher-in-law didn't want to do pink with theirs but I did anyway. Now the baby is 2 and loves pink and girly things so my daughter-in-law has given in to it.

I figure that the pages will be hers when she is a lot older and the pink will be fine.

So if you want to do pink - then do it! I'm having fun with the girly stuff and buttons and ribbons and things I couldn't use since I had two boys.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Henri Jean

Congrats! I've heard a lot of parents (myself included) say, "no pink!" only to end up drowning in the color because they end up loving it.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 09-17-13 08:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to dsouza

• dsouza Said:
Good morning, all! It's an especially good morning at our house. My step son and his wife had their first baby at 1:10am this morning! 6 lbs. 2 ou., 18 3/4 inches long. She had to have a C Section but Mom and baby are doing great so that's all that matters, right? This makes two granddaughters for us - the oldest is 11 months old. My husband and I each had a son from our first marriages so girls are a little new to me. I'm sure enjoying scrapbooking all the girlie layouts, though!! I've scrapbooked almost every boy theme you can think of through the years. I'd love to hear about your favorite girl themes, paper, kits, etc.

Congrats on your new baby Nothing like a grand to make us sit up and look at paper. Graphic 45 has a couple really cute lines.

Also like Some of Echo Parks and there is a really cute We R Memory right now that has a lot of chalkboard but some really cute pastels in it.

Veteran
In response to Sneezy1956

Congratulations! I have 5 granddaughters and that means I always have some cute pictures to scrapbook.I have done quite few Princess pages &
I have done all sorts color combos.Pink & Brown are my favorite colors to use.Have fun with those babies.

Edited by SHARON ELISE on 09-18-13 11:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to SHARON ELISE

Congrats on the grand baby !!

You can do girly without pink. My daughter is also redheaded so at first I shyd away from too much pink. (not because i dont love pink but because ithers told me it would clash) A lot of my older layouts aare girly without being pink.

Recently I'm really embracing the pink

Edited by HerHighness68 on 09-23-13 08:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to HerHighness68

You reminded me of all of those old rules about how to dress red heads! Pink and red were taboo back in the day. My favorite color to put on my red headed little boy was red (he's now 29 year old!). He had a pair of little red overalls that were my favorite outfit on him.

Veteran
In response to dsouza

Congratulations! Think PINK! Both my daughter and daughter-in-law said no pink. When I have the girls, it's pink all the way. I love doing their layouts because I can use all of the frou-frou that I want to!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Mimiof123

LOL! My husband says it is our duty to be sure the new granddaughter is exposed to all things girlie and the color pink! He vows that when she is at our house that all of her parent's rules are null and void!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics