Username Post: Using Say It In Crystals Bling        (Topic#1591045)
crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

Is there a secret to getting Say It In Crystals/Pearls Bling out of the package and onto your paper? I really messed up one the other day. It got tangled as I was taking it off and was totally unusuable. It was a really cheap $1 one though, so it was no big deal. I have some Prima ones still in the package and really wouldn't want to mess them up. I was just hoping that they would be a lot easier than the cheap one. Is there a trick to this?

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to crichards1

I had the same trouble. I was given the advice to peel the backing plastic back in sections and stick it down as you go. Slowly. That seemed to work for me. They are not easy though, are they?

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to RedSquirrel

Thanks for the advice. I was shocked at how hard it was and really glad that I'd started with the $1 one. I'll try it the way you suggest when I use the Prima ones. I hope it will work for me!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I cut them apart and piece them back together on my project. In fact, I hardly ever use an entire piece on one project.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to runzalot81

I use the same technique that Rosie does - I just unpeel one edge usually the most narrow edge for me and place a few stones and then peel the backing more and more as I press the stones into place.

Its not fun - but I don't have any problem - no more tangling but it still takes time and patience.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Henri Jean

Mine just sit in their pizza box...... For the same reason you are posting, every time they get all jumbled and I get irritated lol. So they remained punished and unused......

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to GwynnAsbury

• GwynnAsbury Said:
Mine just sit in their pizza box...... For the same reason you are posting, every time they get all jumbled and I get irritated lol. So they remained punished and unused......

And remain pretty.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to RedSquirrel

Some of my friends use painters tape on them to transfer them....and then peel off the tape once on the page.

Veteran
In response to PhotobearSam

I could swear I posted about the painter's tape after GwynnAsburys post?? But as mentioned, you put the painters tape on top of the design, gently pull the tape and design off the backing, place the design where you want it, then gently pull the painters tape off the design. Still piddly work, but may be faster that other methods?

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to SunnyAB

Love the painter's tape tip!

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to SunnyAB

That sounds like a great tip. Thank you!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

ooooooh my bling may be coming out of punishment.... I am gonna have to try the painters tape trick.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to GwynnAsbury

got a tip at one of the Expos that instead of painter's tape, you can use washi (decorative) tape to pick up the bling and put it down on the paper. Washi tape is re-positional.

Edited by Unique scrapper on 09-24-13 04:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to Unique scrapper

• Unique scrapper Said:
got a tip at one of the Expos that instead of painter's tape, you can use washi (decorative) tape to pick up the bling and put it down on the paper. Washi tape is depositional.

Great tip. I'll try this first.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

Some are easy to use but for most I use the painters tape too.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to anda11

for some of those bling thingies, being able to reshape and twist and cut/add is the best part, I think!

Veteran
In response to OlesyaK.

I cut mine apart and put them back together on my layout. If I don't do it this way, I end up with pretty, blingy hands!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics