Username Post: Favorite flower brands?        (Topic#1591051)
New Kid On the Block

Title basically says it all Im just entering into the work of flowers I'm very very picky about them and find many to look just too cheap and tacky but when I do find nice ones they add a beautiful touch to the covers of my minis Anyone want to share their favorite brands/shops?

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to MyCraftyAddiction

I used to like Prima flowers, but in the last few years they only seem to make huge ones that make my pages too bulky, so I stopped buying them. To be honest, I'm mostly making my own these days.

New Kid On the Block
In response to RedSquirrel

I started off really liking Prima flowers as well but find they arrive misshapen or all crumpled which I suppose isnoutnof their hands but other brands, like I am Roses and Wild Orchid crafts seem to keep their detail alot better. The layout for the I am Roses website is annoying though :/ I don't like sorting through the big bulk order options that come up first, or worse, only finding the flower(s) I want in bulk. I splurge on crafting stuff ill admit that, but there's no way I would order 500 of the same flower for personal use lmao

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

I've been lusting after the Bo Bunny flowers lately, but haven't broken down and bought any yet. I, too, love the Prima flowers but I'm trying to branch out and try some other brands. I got the Imagenisce flower making set and they are really pretty and fast to make up. I'm enjoying those a lot.

Veteran
In response to dsouza

I've been making my own using the Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge. They turn out great and I can now make whatever color, size and style of flower and it matches whatever layout I'm working on.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Mimiof123

Gotta check that cartridge out! Now that I'm all set up on the Cricut Craft Room, I'm enjoying using my Cricut so much!

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

I use Petaloo and Prima and love them both.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to crichards1

Petaloo Too!

I love making my own flowers. It is a lot of work,but rewarding.

Veteran
In response to CrimsonMama

PETALOO

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to SHARON ELISE

Just bought some Petaloo flowers and haven't used them on a layout yet. But I love the colors!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to dsouza

I am Roses or Wild Orchid love their flowers.

New Kid On the Block
In response to dsouza

Thanks for all the great responses! I haven't even heard of Petaloo, will have to check them out for sure

I wish I could preserve some REAL flowers! Nothing seems to work for me. Just yesterday my mom gave me 2 beautiful pink, peachy colored poppys from her garden for my Oz paper and they were so wilted and shriveled just from the heat on the drive home And I'm havin trouble finding some nice craft poppys.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

I don't think it's that difficult to dry real flowers. Google it and see what pops up! Seems like I remember my grandmother pressing flowers between pages of a heavy book.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I have loved Primas. There are hundreds of tutorials out there on making your own flowers..out of paper, fabric, felt, lots of stuff. Some use punches...some use dies from die cutter machines ( non electric ones & electric ones) There are tons that use no dies at all. There are some tuts here but I would go to Pinterest & do a search on flower making. I have a board on flower making that has over a thousand ides & tuts you can check out. my name is Linda Gatliff. You can search for me or I can pm you a link if you wish.

I just sent you a link in you pm.

Edited by anda11 on 09-24-13 03:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran
In response to dsouza

Since I discovered CraftRoom, I am using my Cricut much more. The Flower Shoppe cartridge is wonderful. I've been cutting, embossing, glittering and beading since it arrived. Love, love, love it! I made flowers tonight for a layout of my DGD napping, with the caption of "Beautiful Dreamer".

Eager to Scrap
Veteran
Eager to Scrap
In response to dsouza

what do you mean by the cricket craft room?

Eager to Scrap
Veteran
Eager to Scrap
In response to Eager to Scrap

By the way, I like Petaloo

merreena
Veteran
merreena
In response to Eager to Scrap

I dont think I have a favourite. If I see it's pretty and something I was looking for, I take it. Although most of the flowers I happen to get are Primas and some I order from I Am Roses.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to merreena

This is a beautiful Prima that I had not noticed until Kelly KVR_LVN used....Le Mia

I think sometimes I have to see them on a LO to really take notice.

I like to mix the ones I made (with coordinating paper) with Prima, Petaloo, etc. and I also like the little mini doilies mixed in.

I have so many in my wish list now, so thanks ya'll!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics