Username Post: My growing dislike of Tattered Angels        (Topic#1591053)
GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

I have a ton of their mists, love them, and HATE the fact that I would have to purchase from Tattered Angels entire new sets of nozzles to use any of my bottles. I am not okay with this, if I purchase a product and the nozzle is defective I hsould not have to purcahse additional stuff from them to fix it. GRRRRRRR.. Okay I just had to rant...

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to GwynnAsbury

Defective or they've gunged up? My Smooch Spritzes have all done that. I haven't used my two Tattered Angels sprays lately so I don't know about those. I probably ought to try them out, shouldn't I? Scared now...

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to RedSquirrel

Defective. Some of them have not worked since the day I purchased them. Brought them home and they would not spray. Some of the worked for one or two uses and are now no longer spraying even with blowing on them and running them under hot water till the high waters come in.....

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

So far I have not had much issue with Ranger Ink products. And I have at least 30 colors. I did One Time have one stopped up and hot water cured it quickly. I hope that good trend continues!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to CrimsonMama

I like the sparkely of the Glimmer Mists and tried the Lindy's Stamp Gang line, definitely like those! They are cheaper, more glimmery, and don't clog. However, I have a lot of bottles of Tattered Angels to use up, which I can't without purchasing more spray nozzles.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

did you contact the company for advise or replacement bottles or something? I wonder what their response is.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

have I personally? no. However, at one point they provided an informational on how to declog them AND THEN they started selling replacement nozzles when their suggestions to declog do not work. SELLING replacement nozzles......

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-22-13 04:56 PM

Another reason I love Lindy's, AWESOME customer service.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Wow that is pretty bad. Sorry!

Have you thought about buying some mini misters instead?

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I like the colors of Tattered Angels misters but I have had the same issue. I found that TA misters are only the second worse ones to clog. Smooches in the glass bottles are AWFUL!!! I have stopped buying them, TA and Smooches ones. The ones that I have I have put in different misters. A while ago, Stampin' Up ($2.95 for 2 bottles) had their misting bottles on sale and I bought a TON of them!!! They aren't expensive anyways for 2 of them and the sale pushed me over. When I get a bottle that clogs, I pour some in my SU mister and use it. The SU misters are smaller so it won't hold all of it but I just add more when I need it. Or if I am done with a color, I wash out the mister with warm water and allow it to dry and reuse!!!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to binkiemonstermom

TA makes me furious as I use up my lindy I put a tag on the bottle and move my ta into those bottles. In the mean time I use the little mini misters with the ta's that one spray.

Veteran

I bought 2 packages of Rangers mini-misters about a week ago. So far, 2 of the 6 have clogged. I have soaked them in hot water, tried soaking with vinegar, Dawn dish detergent and they are still clogged. Not very good items, in my opinion.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Mimiof123

Well, my gosh. Those are mostly meant for water or mixing alcohol inks. Or that is what TH does. I wonder if there is really some differences in the Ranger ink bottle or the mist itself.

Has anyone had issues with the Ranger brands?

The only tip I know is I saw in a video to shake the bottles side-to-side, not up and down motion as that can cause the bottle to stop up. So I do that.

Just Nora
Idol
Just Nora

Gwynn-
I posted this in another thread but will post here too. You can still use them even though they are clogged but in a different way. Take the mister out of the bottle when you want the color and use the bottom to fling the color on your page. It DOES NOT go everywhere (or mine doesn't-I do this all the time) It doesn't mist but leave cool splashes of colors rather then a huge mist of color. I like this look better too!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Just Nora

I do this with them..... however, sometimes I want the color and to use the Spray, my creativity is really limited by bottles that don't work. AND on principle, when you pay so much for them and then have to purchase new nozzles........ I think Tattered Angels needs to rethink their customer satisfaction strategy. And after attending my workshop last night, I think I will be boxing up all my Tattered Angels and using Color Shine and Lindy's from now on.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Gwen love my Color shine and tattered angels and like you some times I want to spray not drops. Especially if I'm working on mixed media.

Pink Spoonbill
Diva
Pink Spoonbill
In response to Sneezy1956

I am so glad I'm not the only one having trouble with the TA. I bought four and when I went to try them. They wre clogged. I haven't used them since or bought any more.

I'm with Stick. I love the Lindy but I recently bought one of the Ranger and it hasn't clogged once.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Pink Spoonbill

I heard someone say today that if you put the nozzles in vinegar for about 20 minutes they will get unclogged. I'm going to try it tomorrow cause I have several clogged ones. Shoot, I should do it right now...lol

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Crafting Marfa

Vinegar? Hm. I'll try that. I've transferred the Limolicious Smooch to a TH mister but haven't thrown the Smooch one away yet. I've nothing to lose... Will report back!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics