Username Post: Where to order magnets from?        (Topic#1591055)
New Kid On the Block

I have several pages I would like to use magnets on for the closure of flaps etc and can't seem to find magnets anywhere. All I have locally is a michaels and your typical stores like Walmart and don't think I've come across them there. I also need eyelets to use with my crop a dile, those are likely at Michaels I just always ALWAYS get sidetracked the minute I enter that store lol "Oooh new MME paper! Awe look at these Halloween embellishments! Hey that's a cool chipboard kit!" And on and on lol

I would like to find them online, preferably a place that doesn't charge an arm& a leg to ship a couple small packs of tiny magnets kwim? Thanks for any help you can provide, I have many pages on hold because of this

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to MyCraftyAddiction

I don't have an idea about getting thin, tiny magnets. Have you thought about the slim velcro dots? Would they work?

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

I buy rolls of magnetic tape...with adhesive on one side already. I cut it to the size I need for my classroom...use it all the time. I buy several rolls at a time at W-M and can't remember where...I am thinking in the craft/sewing area or in the paint/house items area (this is my first thought, but it is totally escaping my brain right now, sorry). If I remember I will come back and add the department. HTH

*Actually this prob isn't what you need...you are going to need the other side too. Maybe you can figure something out though with this info.

Edited by ScrappinMom4 on 09-22-13 03:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I would google "Basic Grey Magnetic Snaps." What you are looking for are those. I believe that Joann's also had the wide eyelets by WRMK on sale last week for like 1.79 a package of 40...

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest

Try Magnetic Tape - Xyron offers it! This pic is similar to what that tape package looks like but I didn't see it when I searched the SB.com store.

I think the Basic Grey sets got discontinued... I don't see them at stores any more.
Products Referenced in This Post:

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Jennifer Priest

The snaps did not get discontinued, they are VERY popular in mini album making. You may pay a bit for them (like always) but they are still widely available.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to GwynnAsbury

Yep BG's magnets are available and in two sizes I keep both on hand use them all the time in my mini's.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Sneezy1956

Magnets I get at walmart in there kids craft area. Brand I get at walmart, M' or J's

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics