Username Post: Who makes the best, but economical, corner rounding punch?        (Topic#1591063)
Tenant

Wondering about your favorite corner rounding punch. Purchased my first one a while back, by Martha Stewart, but it doesn't give me a good clean cut. I have to use my sanding block every time to completely round it off. Not cool! Suggestions?

Thanks, people!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-23-13 08:21 AM
In response to ChelleKristine

Hm, I love my MS corner rounder. I also like these Paper Shapers - it's great to have different sizes.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to stick

My all time favorite is my Creative Memory corner round punch. If you can find one (they're going out of business) I would snatch it up!!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to ChelleKristine

First of all, your MS punch should give you a clean punch unless you've been using it a long time and it has become dull. To sharpen it, try to punch through some aluminum foil several times. Fold the foil so you are punch through several thicknesses. That should help. If it does not and it's really bad, Martha Stewart which is EK success brand might replace it.

Right now I have a cheap really tiny one but I might get the Fiskars Squeeze which is highly rated. There are two sizes. I do not see them available here now but you can still find them.

Do NOT get the Fiskars combo corner which cuts two sizes. Bad reviews.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to CrimsonMama

Another big fan here for the Fiskars squeeze corner punch. I also have a small Marvy Uchida one which is very portable and not too "tall"/thick. The Fiskars brand is so reputable so that is the reason I would put them first.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I just purchased the Fiskars 3 in 1 squeeze punch "Well Rounded" . It does three sizes of corners and is the squeeze model. The squeeze punches are some of the best...I'm a big fan.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Tenant
In response to stick

I'm bummed! I returned my Martha corner rounder and purchased a new one, thinking maybe I'd just gotten a dud. Alas, my second Martha corner rounder is just the same. Still have to use a small sanding block to round off some funky angles. They're not bad, by any means, but when you're paying $12 for a punch, you expect it to work! I'm elated with all of these suggestions, as Martha #2 is going back now!

Tenant
In response to CrimsonMama

CrimsonMama,

Thank you SO MUCH for such great info! Looks like the general consensus is in support of the squeeze punch, so that is what I'll do. I am so appreciative that you made a point to distinguish it from the other Fiskars combo corner punch - thank you! That is one mistake I'll not make!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics