Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Least favorite thing        (Topic#1591127)
idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

To go with the most favorite thing in your scraproom- What is the least favorite thing in your scraproom? Mine would be my ribbon storage. I have tried several different ways and haven't found one I like yet.

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to idlewoman

The wallpaper! It's butt ugly and unfortunately there is no changing it.

heidihug
Resident
heidihug
In response to idlewoman

I love my ribbon storage, idlewoman...
The thing I like the least? Other than that it's not bigger :), I don't really like my plastic storage containers. I would rather have more cubes, though they're not transportable, so plastic it is.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to heidihug

This is funny! I just finished redoing my room and the only thing left without a solution, is my ribbon! So I guess I'd have to say ribbon too, is my least fave.
I was actually going to YouTube and Pinterest tonight to look for new ideas. I've had them on the pegboard/dowels system, I've had them in drawers nicely lined up and I've had them on the jump ring system, which is where they are now, hanging from one of my floor lamps, then I've also had the jump ring system hanging on hooks over my door, so kinda looks like a curtain, problem being, it just looks sooo messy. When I switched it up last time I counted just over 500 spools and/or strips of ribbon. That's a problem! Where does one put so much ribbon? Anyone?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ChansGram

My least favorite thing is the queen sized bed that my DD left in the room when she moved out. Her room isn't that big to begin with!!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Luvmyfam

The carpeting. I wish I could replace it with some laminate flooring. It would make cleanup so much easier.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to olleharr

My least favourite thing is the lack of space and wall space. I would love to have a room all to myself so that I could display my art-work, but I just have a corner with shelving all up the walls. Don't get me wrong, I love my corner, but it's purely for working in, not for beauty.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to RedSquirrel

My least favorite thing is that I don't have a scraproom. My desk is a card table. I would love to have a really large table in a dedicated room.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to crichards1

My least favorite thing my paper storage. I have assorted paper in a bin for crops, I have stacks stored in 2 different places and I have a rolling cart with paper. I always feel like I'm looking for the right paper (from a line that I haven't used lately) and I end of finding 20 pieces of paper that I have no recollection of owning.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Amanda, I have to be organized since I don't have a dedicated scrap room. I learned the best way for me to store my paper by taking one of Jill's classes from this website. She gives you several different ideas. The one that worked best for me was to use Cropper Hoppers and organize by color. I have several Cropper Hoppers with dividers. I have all of my paper organized by color. I have a Cropper Hopper file folder behind each color that holds that color's scraps. Then finally I have a divider for patterned paper with a folder behind it for patterned scraps. You could easily have dividers for different brands of patterned paper if you'd rather do it that way. Before I started doing it this way I ended up buying way too much paper because I didn't think I had what I needed. I also cut up too many 12x12 pages when I actually had scraps in that color/pattern that would work. This is a great way for me. This isn't the only way of organizing paper that she suggests. It's just what works for me. I highly recommend taking the classes on here. Even if you've been scrapping for years I think you would learn something.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo

Mine is too small and doesn't have enough product in it.

I too have gone through the organization class and so now most of the major problems aren't there anymore. Yeah! I do wish I could get some cosmetic fixes done I think... like shelving that actually hung on the wall and a desk that would be the right color. Maybe someday when I get my ducks in a row though...

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to KatieJo

You have to have more than one Cropper Hopper and buy extra dividers. I couldn't possibly get by with just one either. I also buy the Paper Holders for the scraps. I'm sure you'll find a system that works for you though.

Edited by crichards1 on 09-26-13 04:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Plaster walls that I can't hang anything on

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Sneezy1956

I hate my cricut cart storage.....I have them right behind me but there are so many in the ArtBin organizers that it is hard to get to what I want. I plan on moving them to my closet and store them on their side. Mine are all Velcro-ed into their trays so it should work.

Expert
In response to Sneezy1956

The fact that it's in a basement where rainwater has been known to seep in through the walls after times of heavy rain (or snowmelt...or both...). It is nice that it's in the basement because I can get away from the boys, but not always! Not to mention I'm running out of room for storage!

Frau_Cooney
Expert
Frau_Cooney
In response to HuskerMom98

My least favorite thing is that it is absolutely empty! I had to move all my stuff out in an emergency due to moisture and mold. I'll evenutally get to put it all back together, hopefully organized better. But for now, I have no scrap space, just piles of waiting to go home.

HuskerMom98, I highly recommend keeping papers stored in plastic bins. Mine were not and I lot a lot of paper and other things when mold hit us!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to Frau_Cooney

My tables. I have 2 plastic tables in an L shape. I really want real wood built in tables.

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to andrea m

LIGHTING...... I Want better ....i have good lighting ... but have been looking for a REASONABLE PRICE wall lamp with extension arm that the light faces downward ...not a a shade on it. Very difficult to find for like i said REASONABLE PRICE lol

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kajunkat

Samantha - I just downloaded Cricut Craft rooms and all my carts are now on my computer. No more carts - they are packed away in their boxes! I don't know when I've loved anything as much as CCR! WOW!

Juansmom
Pro
Juansmom
In response to Henri Jean

Hmm, my least favorite right now is my chair! I thought it was pretty supportive, but I scrapped ALOT on sat, sun, n mon... Now my back ACHES!!! Gotta try a diff chair this week!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics