Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Another one Bites The Dust!        (Topic#1591167)
Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

My local Archiver's is closing! :*(

I'm a total basket case. I know this seems crazy but I'm one of those crazy people that has to see something in person, touch it, feel it a few hundred times to make up my mind sometimes on a layout.

Yes, I'm insane, but LORD I'm going to miss this store something terrible!

Its the only local place I can get my BO Bunny and other great papers and extras

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Ohio4HMom

That's mind of scary that a chain has one closing. I don't have an archivers in my state, but I've only heard good things about them.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to SherylEb

they are closing the one in the Mall of America and 2 others also

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to Ohio4HMom

Oh no which one is it? I'm in Ohio too and I have a gift card for $20 around here somewhere I need to use.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to HerHighness68

Archiver's has been having financial problems, they announced early this year that they would be having some store closings, and some reorganization to avoid bankruptcy. I used to shop in Archiver's when I lived in Katy, Tx, it is an awesome store, you can find anything you ever wanted and a lot of stuff you didn't know you wanted, lol. Sad to see them having problems, but even as large as they are, it's hard to compete with the big box stores and online retailers.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to chocolateaxel

My email/facebook said they're closing Nashville, Gurnee, Mall of America, and a couple of others October 20th.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-27-13 07:44 PM
In response to 4tgrfans

I feel your pain - two lss in my greater shopping area have closed in the last few months.
I don't care for M's or J's or the other big chains and I too am a toucher. I can order some things online but I want to feel the texture and see the real colors of things.

It is tough to see Archiver's having trouble too. Wish we had one around here.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GMFTS

I used to always shop at Archiver's in Atlanta (actually Marietta/Kennesaw by Town Lake Mall). They had everything. That is where I took my first scrapbooking class and made my first diecuts. I hated to leave Archivers when I moved to Florida.

I hate to hear this.

I have no problem buying patterned paper and tools on line. For cardstock though I want to see the actual color shade.

suznut
suznut 
Veteran
suznut
In response to Henri Jean

Ooh, I saw that earlier too and can't believe it. Luckily the archivers in my area wasn't one of the ones cut, but it makes you wonder for how long. All of the LSS in the Houston have all shut down, I too love to shop and see things in person, but at this point find myself either shopping online or at the big box stores...

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to suznut

Suznut, are you near the Archiver's in Katy? There used to be the absolute best scrapbook store in Katy but they closed shortly before I moved from there about 7 years ago. I loved the Archiver's, but hate that so many LSS across the country have closed, the big box stores just don't carry the brands that I like, and of course you don't get the personalized service that you do from the LSS.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

• Quote:
I used to always shop at Archiver's in Atlanta (actually Marietta/Kennesaw by Town Lake Mall).

That's where I shop now Henri. I hope they can stick around.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to CrimsonMama

Just makes me wonder how long the other stores will be open. Like the one I work at. We don't have a ton of business and it is slow a lot. I'm just glad I don't NEED the job, and always have my full-time job to fall back on and can pick up overtime there to make up for the difference.

Expert
In response to 4tgrfans

• 4tgrfans Said:
My email/facebook said they're closing Nashville, Gurnee, Mall of America, and a couple of others October 20th.

What are the "couple of others" that you saw? I haven't received an e-mail about any closings (hopefully that means mine is safe...for now...) but I'm not on FB and can't find any info on their website.

I am surprised about the MOA store--I can understand because it is the MOA...who would go there just to go to A's, but at the same time I'm shocked. Makes me wonder if Scrapfest is done too.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to HuskerMom98

My closet archivers is 2 hours away in Columbus but it's always busy so think it will be one that makes it.

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to Sneezy1956

I found the list of closing stores on their Facebook page

Coon rapids
Gurnee
Nashville
North olmstead (this is the Ohio one)
Mall of america

Thankfully fairlawn Ohio (which is one closest to me) is still going strong and the one in Columbus at Easton is safe as well. Those are the only 2 in Ohio I've been to.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

When I'm in Georgia again - if you are in Georgia too maybe we can meet at that Archivers. I always try to stop when I'm in the area. Since my son lives in Dallas Georgia and I'm with a real estate office in Kennesaw Georgia, we do occasionally make the trip.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

There are 3 archivers in Ohio that I know of North Olmsted, Columbus and Cincinnati.

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to Sneezy1956

• Sneezy1956 Said:
There are 3 archivers in Ohio that I know of North Olmsted, Columbus and Cincinnati.

There is one in west akron/fairlawn area

Veteran

I feel your pain! Both of our local scrapbook stores closed and I cried! Now I have to go 45 minutes to Michaels' JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby. I'm touchy-feely too, and I want to make sure my cardstock is the perfect shade! I can't stand for the color to be even a tad off!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mimiof123

I have to touch and see my cardstock too. Patterned paper I can buy on line - themed paper, die cuts, tools but cardstock - I have to see the shade in person.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics