Page 1 of 22 
Username Post: October New Layouts        (Topic#1591205)
babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Welcome to the October edition of New Layouts. Thanks to Anna for hosting September!

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

October......Shatema
November.....Terry
December.....Cheryl
January......Donna

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Jenni February 16
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Jarvae April 8
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Shatema July 28
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

2013 Christmas Card Swap

Here is a list of people participating so far. If you would like participate, let me know and I will get you added to the list and you can private message your address to Donna. Addresses will be sent out privately sometime in October.

Anna
Mel
Terry
Cathe
Vae
Donna
Ashley
Mandi
Cheryl
Jeannie
Shatema

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to babigirl

Anna - Thanks for hosting September!

Shatema - It is perfectly fine that you started it this evening. Thanks for hosting this month.

I work tomorrow so will be on in the evening.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks Cheryl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to babigirl

Thanks Shatema!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Good morning and thanks Shatema!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Anna C

Hi can I join you girls?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to andrea m

Denise thank you

Anna thank you i am glad i remembered thank you again for doing September for me.

Andrea of course you can join us. We welcome new faces. Just a run down we take turns hosting i think we got all the way up to January covered. If you want to join our Christmas card swap just let us know and we will get you added. Did i miss anything ladies

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to andrea m

Thank you Anna for hosting Sept. and Shaetma for getting up going in October.

Sure Andrea, you may join us. Just take a minute to read the rules.

I should have gone back and read the end of Sept. I will in a minute.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I know there was a lot of rain in the PNW and other spots in the US. It was gorgeous here and is today too.

My walking partner, Lynn, called and we walked from 9 to 10. I had only gotten up at 8:30. i really didn't want to go but made myself. It was cool probably 54. But Tues. and Wed is supposed to be 80.

Lynn and I decided we should purge something today. So I am off to try and part with something. Wish me luck!

Have a great day.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to scrappin 2

Hi and welcome Andrea.

Have fun purging Cathe.

Its a hot and humid day today, ick. Weather has me feeling achy and not so good today. boo for that but we did need the rain we are still over 10 inches behind.

Hope Jeannie is having fun fun fun!

Hope Terry made it home okay today.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Nice to see you again Shatema, hope your work is not too demanding today.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Made THE best dinner. Breakfast porkchops cooked in pork gravy until falling apart, stove top stuffing and the gravy the meat was cooked in, Pistachio Pudding (Watergate Salad or as we call it Mandy's salad as it was her first solid food her grandpa fed it to her and she loved it!), oven fried zuchinni from pinterest (yummmmmy) and a poke cake. Too full to try the poke cake yet it was also a pinterest recipe. mmmmmm

merreena
Veteran
merreena
In response to rockmom

Hi all! Thanks Anna for hosting last month's and thanks Shatema for this month's.

Denise - you're making me hungry. and it's only 8.40am here so i think i should get breakfast soon.

anyways, any big plans for october, everyone?

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to merreena

Good evening!!

I had a good day at work. I am glad to be home and put my feet up. Tomorrow I am taking Ryan to story hour again. He is so excited about it!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to cdjohnson

thanks for the welcome.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to andrea m

Good morning!

Andrea - Welcome!

I have a busy day ahead. I have Ryan from 9-2 and then need to go to the grocery and, of course, laundry.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning ladies!

Welcome to the gang, Andrea! I look forward to seeing your work here!

Enjoy your library time, Cheryl!

Denise, your dinner sounds so good. I've tried quite a few things from Pinterest that are keepers but also a few we didn't like so much.

I think I saw on FB that Terry made it home safely.

Hope everyone has a great day.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

'morning

Just stopping in to say hello.
I walked this morning with my walking buddy.

I have to leave to babysit Oakley.

Denise you made me hungry and it is only 10:30. lol

bbl Have a great day.

oh glad to hear Terry is home safely.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Hello dear friends! I'm baaaaccckkk!!!
I'll have to go cu on sept thread but I just wanted to drop in here too.

Thanks Anna for Sept and Shatema for October. I'm marking my calendar so I don't forget to do Nov!

Had a total blast in KS. The store grossed over $40,000 and that made us really happy. Already planning for next year which will be in Corning CA....north of wine country (Jeannie) and in what they say is the olive capital of the US.

Welcome Andrea, I'm Terry (abby is my dog) and I live in SW WA. While all the rain was pouring down here, I was in KS for 2 wks. I'm a graphic and database designer for industrial mills and unemployed at the moment. Have 2 sons, 4 grandchildren, and 3 step-grands from Thailand.

Cathe:
Purging??? Have fun! I'm not a hoarder (except for scrapping stuff) but I hate tossing out something I might use. I'd rather toss out hubby's stuff!!!!
Anna:
Loved the FB photos!
Shatema:
How's KeKe? And school?

I'll have a lot of time to cu tomorrow. Hubby goes in for his knee replacement surgery tomorrow morning at 5:30am. So I'll be at the hospital most of the day.

See ya then....

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Abby0317

Hi Terry where in Wa are you? I just moved from WA to Idaho. I lived in Gig Harbor Wa. I have also lived in many other areas of WA.

I am married with 2 kids one boy 13 and a daughter who is 11. This year they both became middle schoolers. We live in Hailey Idaho.

Im looking forward to getting to know all of you and seeing all your work.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to andrea m

Andrea, I'm in Battle Ground just 14 mi N of Portland/Vancouver.

Page 1 of 22 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics