Page 1 of 10 
Username Post: ~October Anything Goes Challenge~        (Topic#1591233)
justLyn
Governor
justLyn

ALL NEW ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE

October is almost here! Time for sign ups!

Ok... I know some people have been intimated by this challenge but shut the front door----this challenge has been revised and updated!! KEEP READING.....

Not only will you meet new people here you'll get your motivation amp'd up you'll become a creative rock star to all your scrap cronies!! Seriously!!!

Your creativity will grow beyond your wildest dreams... ya and you will leap out of your comfort zone like their is no tomorrow!! Playing with us on the monthly challenge will not only be fun, it will be a place where you can talk about your woes and your toes...make close bonds with ladies who have the same and not so same ideals! And we all need more friends right? Say yes!!

Now before you run off, take some time and read thru' this post and ask me some questions, if you have any questions...or your overwhelmed beyond belief, ask me to help you catch your breath! We have made some BIG changes and we think it is a lot easier to follow than before!

SO pull up your BIG GIRL PANTIES and jump in with us die hard players and join the ranks of the obsessed!!

We will have daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge. All to keep you motivated and working hard to actually get those pics onto paper and into an album! We are willing to hold your hands thru the rough bumps. So ask...PLEASE!!!!!!

SIGN-UPS will be open until October 7th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than October 7th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Lynda Strum
434 Clover Rd
Venice, FL 34293

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to AnythingGoesChallenge@gma il.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.46

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**

(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.

2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.

3. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.

4. Winner for completing the most dailies. If there is a tie, a random drawing will be done on random.org for the winner of this category.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:
*8x8 or above including 8.5x11, 12x12=1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*3 4x6 or 5x5=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many layouts a project is “worth”, just ask!

**Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them.**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH! YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE on the 7th of the month!

~~~Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or before August 31 count towards your total points and layouts.

~~~This challenge ends on August 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

~~~All weekly challenge pics, LOs/projects, etc. AND POINT DETAILS must be posted to the thread by the deadline for weekly challenges which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST. (That is the Sunday of the week the challenges were posted for. Full weeks run from MONDAY (Day 1) to SUNDAY (Day 7).

~~~Most daily challenges do NOT have to be complete the day the challenge is posted, unless the challenge says it is for that day only. However, you get +10 bonus points for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted.

~~~To take the bonus +10 pts for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted you must have the daily complete, uploaded to your gallery, and posted to the thread WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST that day.

~~~When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details including any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread. Please try not to post projects then come back later to post the points details. If you do not post points details by a deadline for special points, you cannot take special points even if the project was completed in time. Special points are points such as points for a weekly challenge or the points for completing a daily challenge the same day it is posted, bonus points offered for another reason.

"Volunteer Help With Dailies"
Week 1: 1-6 Lyn
Week 2: 7-13 New Julie
Week 3: 14-20 Norma
Week 4: 21-27 New Julie
Week 5: 28-31 Linda

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Players:
paid:

Marty (ScrappinTraveler) 0/10
Julie (senora_x) 3/10
New Julie (julie101) 7/31
Karen (SplendidMoments) 0/10
Linda (boricuapr) 2/20

motivational:
Teresa (TeresaKay) 0/10
Rhonda (YourScrapAttack) 0/10
Norma (njr007) 0/2
Lyn (justlyn) 0/10

Edited by justLyn on 10-16-13 01:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

~October 2013 Points~

(print this out so when you want to add up your points you have it right next to your LO)

BONUS POINTS!!!!
(Please note that I extended these 400 point deadline since I am so late getting this up.)
take +400 bonus points if you pay by Oct 5th,
take +300 points if you pay by Oct 7th, the deadline!

5 POINT ITEMS
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal item.
- PER sticker used (rub on, flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER hand stitch
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread
- for updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points
- for cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

10 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A PROJECT
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 30 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER stamped image or word on your project
- PER color of glitter mist, chalk, stickles, paint, or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER any kind of die-cut shape (includes chipboard die-cut)
- PER flower (the whole flower not counting each layer)
- PER type of distressing (inking, sanding, crumpling paper, etc.)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 20 pts for each identical one)
- PER punch used
- PER each color of washi tape
- PER each foam piece ~new~
- PER each felt piece ~new~
- PER each tulle piece ~new~
- PER each acetate piece ~new~
- PER item used that is over 1 years old! (Includes the picture(s) if PRINTED over 1 years, not just taken over 1 years ago!) USE UP THOSE OLD SUPPLIES!!!

75 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A PROJECT
PER- creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
PER- chipboard/grungeboard/car dboard (not cardstock)
using a quote or song lyrics
having journaling on your LO

50 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) or 8x8 or smaller layout's (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER HANDMADE (by YOU, not machine made) flower on your project
- handmade frame
- for doodling on your page
- for making your LO a shape that is not a square or a rectangle (ex. heart or circle) OR a LO that has a border that is not a straight edge (ex. scalloped border or rick rack border or border and corner punches ie: Martha Stewart punches)
- for using memorabilia besides pictures
- PER wet or dry embossed image
- for using one or more of the following themes: Back to School, Heritage
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread (journaling that is just written on the back of the LO does not count as hidden)
- paper piecing ~new~
- tags ~new~
- banner ~new~

75 POINT ITEMS:
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else design or sketch to create an altered project or layout (take ONLY +25 pts if it is a card or swap item you designed yourself)
- PER layout (not card or altered project) with at least 60% negative space
- pages with no pics ~new~
- 12x12 overlays ~new~
- masking or stenciling ~new~

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS
10 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture cut in the shape of a circle
- PER picture over 2 years old OR +20 pts PER pic over 5 years old
- PER black & white vintage photo
- PER picture taken August 2013 or later
- for rounding your corners on your picture

20 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for project/page w/ 3+ pics
- for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

JOURNALING POINTS
- 5 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies)
- 50 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 75 pts for 50+ words or 100 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS
100 POINTS:
- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points!
- machine sewing,
- for altered item/home decor item created,
- for scraplifting
- new technique for you, that you used, (must explain what technique you used)

Edited by justLyn on 09-30-13 10:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

~Daily Challenges~

200 pts.
Part 1 - set up you signature line.
Part 2 - put all your September LOs in their albums or where you keep them. Didn't scrap in September? Then take a few minutes to reacquaint yourself with your supplies.
Use a big title on a LO today OR make a card with the sentiment in big letters. 300 pts
Please take 300 points for bad hostess day for today's daily!
Today is my nephew's birthday, and when I realized that he is now 43 I suddenly felt old. So let's do a LO about a YOUNG person! (Young open to your interpretation.) 400 pts
Something new day! Try a technique you've not used before. 400 pts

Using a photo not in colour 300 Points
Use a photo larger then 4x6 300 Points
Use a stamp on your layout 200 Points
Redo a layout that you were happy with don't forget to share the layout your redoing 300 Points
Take 300 Points
Use at least 3 photos 400 Points

Anyhting Goes Daily Challenge By Julie101 400 pts

Scraplift someone in this challenge 300 pts
Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, lets do a layout using MOSTLY pink 250 points
it’s National Dictionary Day Use a dictionary definition on your LO today, it can be ripped out of a real dictionary, printed off your computer, hand-journaled, whatever! 300 points
use an old photo – at least 25 years old or more on your layout 400 points
use a new photo - taken after September 1, 2013 on your layout 300 points
It’s Saturday which means it college football day and my beloved Red Raiders are playing so use red and black 250 for a layout, 150 for a card
Share a tutorial for 200 points
Use different shapes for your photo or photos 400 Points
Do a layout in black and white 300 Points
Daily Use bright colour on a layout 300 Points
Scrap lift a layout from the gallery 300 Points
I want to see flowers buttons and stickers 300 Points
Take 300 Points are I forgot about my daily
Use punches and die cuts 400 Points
Fall frenzy needs relaxation. Do LO about anything that relaxes you (nap, coffee in bed, etc.) 400 points
300 points if you upload picture of your favorite Halloween decoration.
my bad! Didn't get back on last night to post challenge so add an easy 400 points.
Trick or Treat Upload pic of Halloween candy for 300 points.

Edited by justLyn on 10-30-13 08:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

~Weekly Challenges~

Week 1: 1-6

"Interview" an inanimate object! Then do a LO using your interview as the journaling. This can be either serious, sentimental, or silly.
Here is an example of one my DD1 did some years back: http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/digital /1337731....
700 pts

Photos: 100 pts each
something in your handwriting
something that frustrates you
something that relaxes you
something that makes you laugh

Week 2: 7-13
Celebration as kids are back at school so do a layout of a celebration any kind birthday, birth, marriage etc 500 Points take extra 200 Points if you using at least 5 of the following items 1. Eyelets 2. Die Cuts 3. Punches 4. Washi Tape 5. Ink 6. Brads 7. Glitter 8. Chipboard 9. Embossing 10. Twine/ Ribbon cause I'm in a great mood take extra 100 Point if you can use all 10 items

Local Photo

Take 5 Photo of your local area
100 Point each photo

Week 3: 14-20
We tend to scrap about our loved ones, but rarely about ourselves, so for this week challenge be sure to include you in the layout-at least one photo must include you 400 pts

Weekly photo challenge
Something boys play with 75 pts
Something girls play with 75 pts
Something your pet plays with 75 pts
Something YOU play with 75 pts

Week 4: 21-27

This week is RSPCA walk a thon to rasie money for unwanted pets. So do a layout of a pet 300 Points

Photos:
Self Portrait
A Flowers
Favourite Shoes
Shadow
The sky

100 Point each photo

Week 5: 28-31
Weekly lo challenge will be simple. Everyone seems to be busy little bees this month. Use yellow and black for 300 points and if you add anything relating to a bee (hive, bee, honey, etc.) add another 200 points.

Weekly pics is colors 100 each for anything in these colors
black
orange
green
purple

Edited by justLyn on 10-28-13 08:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

~Monthly Challenge~

Some time ago, I read in someone's blog where they were participating in a challenge called PINT – Pictures I Never Took. I never did check out the challenge, but the idea has really stuck with me. So many occasions and incidents came along, and I didn't have a camera handy! Sometimes there was nothing to have even taken a picture.

So here is your challenge: We all have those memories, the ones with no photos to go with them. Let's dust off those memories and scrap them! Take an extra 250 points for each of these no-photo memories LOs you do.

RULES:
No actual event/person photos. Stock-type or generic photos are okay, but are not necessary and should not be prominent. An example of a generic photo would be a picture of a plate of pancakes with a funny story about my cousin and eating pancakes.

Use journaling to tell the story. Minimum of 100 words. Take DOUBLE points for all your journaling on these LOs! (So 10 points per word instead of 5.)

BONUS! 3000 pts
Use these no-photo memories to create 8 or more LOs (8x8 or larger) OR do a mini album smaller than 8x8 (8 double pages or more) OR do 6 double pages in a smash-type book.

Edited by justLyn on 10-02-13 12:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Something New this month!

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

A HUGE thank you to Quay for hosting this challenge for us! She did an amazing job here, and is going to be a tough act to follow! She has stepped down from hosting, but we will look for her to pop in regularly.

ScrappinTraveler
Expert
ScrappinTraveler
In response to justLyn

Hi Lyn! Sign me up!! :-)

ScrappinTraveler
Expert
ScrappinTraveler
In response to ScrappinTraveler

Thank you Quay!!! and Thank you Lyn!!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to ScrappinTraveler

I am going to try to get back into scrapping! This is a busy month but put me down for 10!

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to senora_x

I'm in thanks put me down for 31 I'll pay shortly

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to julie101

I have just paid

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to julie101

New Julie - got it! I've got you down for week 2 challenges.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Glad to have you back, Marty! What would you like for a goal this month?

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Welcome back, Julie! How is the new school working?

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to justLyn

Thanks lyn! School is awesome! My daughter and I are both happy with the change!

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to justLyn

• justLyn Said:
New Julie - got it! I've got you down for week 2 challenges.

No worries thanks

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to julie101

Sorry, ladies. I overslept this morning!

Today's daily is worth 200 pts.
Part 1 - set up you signature line.
Part 2 - put all your September LOs in their albums or where you keep them. Didn't scrap in September? Then take a few minutes to reacquaint yourself with your supplies.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Weekly: "Interview" an inanimate object! Then do a LO using your interview as the journaling. This can be either serious, sentimental, or silly.
Here is an example of one my DD1 did some years back: http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/digital /1337731....
700 pts

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Weekly photos: 100 pts each

something in your handwriting
something that frustrates you
something that relaxes you
something that makes you laugh

Page 1 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options