Username Post: If only I'd known...        (Topic#1591239)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

Argh, I'm so mad at myself! If I'd have only paid more attention I'd have realized my LSS annual garage sale was this weekend, and I'd have put off having my hip replacement for a few weeks! OK, maybe I wouldn't have truly done that, but when I looked at their newsletter that was the first thought that crossed my mind!

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to dwelch

Sounds like you need a really good friend with a camera on their phone, someone you trust to shop for you!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to justLyn

Yes, Lyn's got it in one.

All the best with the surgery. I didn't know you were going through that.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to RedSquirrel

Oh I love those! LSS garage sales have the best deals in real scrapbooking supplies (not the dollar store variety).
At least you have your priorities straight!!
Good luck with the surgery.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OlesyaK.

I completely missed your hip surgery! How are you doing? Is the surgery done or upcoming soon? Please keep me posted so I can send prayers your way!

Veteran
In response to Henri Jean

Good luck with your surgery! I've just had both knees done and am ready to hit the trail running--or scrapping. Sorry that you missed the sale. Unfortunately, our LSSs both went out of business. Rats!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Mimiof123

Good luck with the surgery! Need to have mine done but keep putting it off let us know how it works for you

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Sneezy1956

The surgery was 4 weeks ago. I had an amazing doctor and everything went really well. I'm planning to go back to work in a couple weeks. I can't say the same thing for the skilled nursing facility though! It was terrible. The therapists were great, but patient care was another story. The food was terrible (my last mean consisted of instant mashed potatoes and a scoop of cheese ravioli!) You'd turn on your light and no one would come sometimes for an hour. I had a roomie who was 96 years old and who couldn't hear. (No fault of her own, poor little thing.) But she'd try to get out of bed during the night and I'd end up trying to help or find an aid to answer the light. Her relatives would stay for hours at a time screaming back and forth (because of her hearing problem). I just about went crazy! I finally did fight for another room assignment, but it wasn't a whole lot better. Not an overall good experience - but I'm home now! And doing well.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

That sounds like a horrible experience! Glad you are home and doing well.

Wish I had known though - I feel terrible that you were going through that and I had no idea!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics