Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: October Budget Challenge        (Topic#1591247)
tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Tammy said it best and I just copied her

Welcome to the October Budget Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on.

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed the twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Budget: $200
Wishlist: Cricut club-$20, CTMH Artbooking Cricut cart and other CTMH items $100
Anything else that trips my trigger

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to tinadn

Um well I don't know why I set this up I never manage to stay in the budget

$400
Anything that takes my fancy

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

because you love the social aspect of the challenge Julie! Besides it does make you aware anyway.

I am in and my budget needs to be determined yet - probably close to $100 to meet my minimums for SU so I can still go to European Convention in November.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Ladybing Tammy

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
because you love the social aspect of the challenge Julie! Besides it does make you aware anyway.

I am in and my budget needs to be determined yet - probably close to $100 to meet my minimums for SU so I can still go to European Convention in November.

This is true lucky my husband has no ideal how much I really do spend

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to julie101

We got the place! They are going to check to see if the girl that has it now will surrender it early so they can clean it to be ready for November 1st. So excited! That being said, my budget for scrappy stuff is going to be ZERO, with the exception of adhesive and postage. We will also be purchasing an Expedit unit, but that probably won't be until after we move into the new place.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to mrsrogers52513

Congrats and Good for you

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:
  • Ladybing Tammy Said:

This is true lucky my husband has no ideal how much I really do spend

I think we could all say that, Julie...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

WTG Amanda!!!
How exciting and what a relief! Way to jump on that fast too!

I am in as usual and I already know I will be a very, very bad girl this month...

Budget: $150
Wishlist: *inhales deeply while carefully pulling long Expo shopping list out of pocket* New Crafter's Workshop raindrops, Stars, splats and abstract leaves masks; Prima Finnabar Star, honeycomb, bubbles and scales masks; Finnabar metal stars; Glue Art Tape 3-pack; BB Keylime papers/embellies; Fancy Pants chalkboard tape; Queen n Co animal print, denim, cameo, comics, sports and skinni mini washi tapes; Prima chalk inkers in reds, oranges, yellows, greens, purples (oh my!), enamel circles and wooden embellies; Faber Castel green, yellow and neutral gelatos; Bella Blvd All American and Daily Chevies papers/embellies and chipboards; BOY punches - train, bubble bath, pennants, bricks; any Prima clearance flowers.
Twist: No more Cricut carts and stick to my list!!!!

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to SonjaC

Hi everyone. I am setting my budget at $50 this month because I exceeded my budget last month. .All of the items are in my shopping art awaiting free shipping. in addition to those items I also need a Martha Stewart small circle cutter. Lets see how I do. Lynne

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to lgtaylor100

I'm counting yesterday as a free day because if I don't I've already busted.

Budget: $75

Wish: Lots of stuff. Still trying to narrow it down.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

And Tammy calls me the loophole queen... lol!

I don't think you can be counted until you sign up, Kelly...

Okay maybe I am the loophole queen...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Wishlist: Cricut club-$20, CTMH Artbooking Cricut cart and other CTMH items $100

spent $19 at Cricut club

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Sonja, you ARE the loophole queen.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

yes, yes she is!

Amanda - congrats on getting the place. We were up in Scotland again yesterday - 4 hours one way and 4 hours back - I am soooo sick of travelling right now. But we found a place that we will apply for on monday - not perfect but it gets us there in time for work and we will make it work for 6 months to a year. Amanda I too love the expedit units!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

spent $42 on clearance at HL, just a bunch of misc.

congrats on finding places to live ladies, I know how hard that can be

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
  • tinadn Said:

spent $19 at Cricut club

$200-42=158+1 not spent at Cricut club= $159 left

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tammy, congrats on finding housing!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

thanks hun! It is a big relief - well let's hope we found housing - we have to do the application process tomorrow but it should be fine.

I spent $4 today on digital downloads - Sweater Weather dsp from SU and burlap ribbon downloads for my Scotland layouts.

$100-$4=$96

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

checking in! I'm warming up my plastic for this Saturday Peachy has washi tape I've wanted and I"m trying NOT to look...

Yes, I AM the loophole queen and don't you gals forget it!!

Crossing my fingers for you Tammy and hoping you get the housing!

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics