Hi everyone! Welcome to another month of the Four Categories Challenge! This challenge is about using our 'stuff' and, maybe, trying something new.
The goal is to complete up to four different LO's, each one fulfilling a different category - product, color, technique, and theme. You may enter one LO for each category, but you may not use the same LO to fulfill more than one of these categories. You do not have to do all four. You may, of course, stack other challenges with any of the LO's you enter here. Only LO's created and uploaded between October 1 and midnight PST October 31, 2013 will qualify.
At the end of the month, I will ask you to vote for your top 3 favorites from each category. You will receive a vote for each of your LO's just for voting, and any twists that are completed will get an extra vote. Those who complete all four LO's will receive an additional vote for each of their LO's. I will create a poll with the top vote-getters from each category so we can choose an overall winner to whom I will send a small RAK. In addition, I will send a little something to an eligible challenge participant chosen by Random.org. To be eligible for this second RAK, a player must enter at least one LO in the challenge, check into the thread at least a few times during the month, AND send in votes before I set up the poll.
Please, read the specs for each challenge carefully! If you have a question, ask!
Category One ~ Product: Stickers
I bet most of you still have a bunch of old stickers in your stash. I know I have a ton that I can't part with because I still like them, but they just don't fit in with the way I scrap these days. It's time to go old school and get them out and use them! Create a LO using at least 5 stickers – NOT INCLUDING ALPHABET STICKERS FOR THE TITLE, JOURNALING, DATE, etc., i.e. you may use letter stickers in some other way, for example, to create a background, but if used as listed above, they won't count toward your total to get to 5. Alternately, you may use a premade word sticker for your title – that will count toward the total. Make sense?
Twist: Go beyond the sticker sneeze – if you feel that stickers are too old school for you, do something to give them a fresh look. Pop them up, cluster them, alter them in some way… it's up to you. Tell us what you did to give your old stickers a new life. I hope you will just feel good about getting them out of your stash and onto a page!
Category Two ~ Color: Red, Orange, and Yellow
The colors of Fall… I want to see all three of these colors featured prominently on your LO's this month – RED, ORANGE, AND YELLOW.
Twist: Other than the neutrals, black, brown, kraft, cream, or white, use ONLY our three colors, red, orange, and yellow on your LO to get an extra vote.
Category Three ~ Technique: Grid Design
I love the look of a page designed around a grid format. It's an easy way to include multiple photos on a page or to use several of the great papers from the same line all at once. There are lots of ways to interpret this style – let me see what you come up with.
Twist: Use at least 3 different patterned papers.
Category Four ~ Theme: Fall Festivities
Apple picking, Halloween, raking leaves, visits to the pumpkin patch, scenic drives to take in the changing colors… I love Fall! This month, I'd like to see your LO's about any type of Fall Festivity.
Twist: Include at least one of these Fall symbols somewhere on your page – colored leaf (green will not count), pumpkin or jack-o-lantern, spider, bat, black cat, or ghost.
The fine print:
1. Any size LO 8x8 or larger is allowed, including 2-pagers. Please post your 2-page LO's with one photo of both pages together. I will allow digi, but please realize some of the challenges will not apply to digi (especially in the technique category). If you can convince me that your digi LO fulfills the challenge, I will allow it. Keep in mind that the RAK will be for paper scrapping.
2. Please allow public embedding on your pages. Also, please specify the category in which you are entering your LO in your post and in your description. If applicable, please explain how your LO fits the challenge, and if you did the twist and where/how. Don't make me hunt for it. If I can't see it, and you didn't tell me about it, you won't get credit for it.
3. If you get love, leave love. I will not be a psycho about this, just do the best you can. However, if I notice that someone habitually neglects commenting on the other players' entry LO's, that person will be disqualified from winning the RAK. No one is going to be excluded from the voting or poll and the chance to win the challenge. I'm just reserving the right to NOT spend my own time and money on buying and shipping a RAK to a person who doesn't participate. It's only if I never or only rarely see the winner's posts on other LO's in the gallery or the winner is someone who doesn't check in here in the forum a few times a month that I will check into it further and decide for myself if I want to make the effort to send something out. Please, don't stress about it!
4. Please, only share LO's that fit one or more of the categories. Commenting on shared LO's is up to each individual player.
Enjoy everyday moments By Tena E.
1. Sandra (sasload4) 4*
2. Julie (julie101)
3. Carol (NMscrapper) 1,2,4*
4. Olesya (OlesyaK.) 1*,2,3*,4*
5. Amanda (Scrapanda) 1*,2,3*
6. Becky (beck_bear) 1*,2,3,4*
7. Doreen (Doreena) 1*,2*,3*,4*
8. Sara (SaraS) 3
9. Mary (GMFTS) 1*,3*,4*
10. Marci (Marcilb) 3*,4*
11. Lesley (LesleyC) 1*
12. Pam (fabricfrenzy) 1*,2*,3*4*
13. Corky (under5feet)
14. rlmcnulty 1
15. Denise (DYnWV) 1*
16. Linda (boricuapr) 1*,4*
17. Kena (Bubblegirl) 1*,2*,3*,4*
18. Rhonda (YourScrapAttack) 1
19. Aubs (aubrieannie) 4*
20. Tena (Tena E.) 1*,4*
21. Drea (DreaSlee) 1*,2*,4*
22. Pam (Pam In TX) 4*
23. Amy (AllAmy) 1,2,3*,4
24. Linda (lindaj3) 1*,2*,3*,4*
25. scrapping_in_AK 2,3*,4*