Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: You're in trouble when...        (Topic#1591295)
bonprof
Mayor
bonprof

....you start hiding sb.com pkgs from the person you live with. (Am i the only one who does this?)

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to bonprof

Nope, he gets as excited as I do to open the boxes. We just went through a big box that arrived from sb this morning. Lots of the new DCWV pads...corrugated, fabric, burlap, silkies, plus lots of other stuff.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to bonprof

I don't do that but... I sometimes think to myself...how do I explain another package when it comes??? LOL! For the most part he doesn't say anything, doesn't care how I spend our money because he knows I always pay the bills even doubling payments on certain bills. In fact he says I do an excellent job w/ our money and he doesn't know how I am able to do it w/ the little that we make! However, after many packages keep showing up at our door I start to think, maybe I need to take a break! LOL!
I have 2 kits in my SB.com cart right now and I'm trying to decide whther I should press the buy button?!?
I win alot on blog challenges so sometimes I think he just thinks it's a prize.
And I'm okay w/ him thiniking that

Edited by Doreena on 10-02-13 02:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof
In response to Doreena

I live with my daughter, age 27 who says I'm obsessed.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to bonprof

Yeah? Well what do kids know?!

Edited by Doreena on 10-02-13 04:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

Oh I used to, but I will never do it again. My husband always has stuff coming to the house and recently just bought a new truck, ATV and trailer, and of course everything that goes with that. He is nuts.

I double dare him to say anything about the little boxes I get. I don't even come close!

I'm shopping as we speak...........

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to CrimsonMama

• CrimsonMama Said:
Oh I used to, but I will never do it again. My husband always has stuff coming to the house and recently just bought a new truck, ATV and trailer, and of course everything that goes with that. He is nuts.

I double dare him to say anything about the little boxes I get. I don't even come close!

I'm shopping as we speak...........

Well when you put it in that perspective, well then how can you feel guilty?!
My hubby doesn't spend much on himself. He hates spending money, but doesn't mind if the kids or I do it. He's a weirdo!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Doreena

Nope, I'm always so excited about my packages that I show all the contents to my husband whether he wants to see them or not.

Besides, I couldn't do it even if I wanted to - we commute to work and back home together every day; there'd be no opportunity to conceal the box that's always delivered to the porch clearly visible from the street, and no opportunity to bring it inside.

I have no interest in feeling guilty about what I buy, and self-induced guilt about my purchases is only one of the many pieces of emotional baggage that hiding stuff would bring with it.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to aquabunny

I'll agree with some of you that I'm my own guilt-inducer. Hubby doesn't care. If we go to J's or somewhere, he fills up the cart faster than I do, but sometimes I start thinking that I'm probably getting a bit carried away and then I stop ordering for a while. But when my self-imposed freeze is over, get out of my way...my online cart is barreling through! :>)

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to mrsdriver5

No My dh spends more money on his hobbies than I do. He has to make me spend money sometimes. I never spend money we don't have and all bills are paid before I shop so im good.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to andrea m

I do. I figure why open up that can of worms. LOL! He doesn't need to know everything.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to olleharr

I did it once, and it was so hurtful to my husband I would never go it again. Because of my work schedule he often gets home and sees the package before I do. The last few I have come home to them all laid out nicely and perfectly aligned, and the minute I step in the door he says "come show me what you got, I want to see what you got."

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GwynnAsbury

I have my own social security check and that is my spending money plus I can get more out of the bank if I want it. He doesn't mind that I buy, just wants me to shop around and get the best prices on things. He appreciates it when Joanns or Michaels or Hobby Lobby have the 40% off or 50% off coupons or when punches or scrapbooks are marked way down. He also appreciates that I wait for free shipping days to order.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Henri Jean

It would be a bit hard to hide anyway since my little habit seems to be overtaking the house :>) It must multiply by itself. I surely couldn't have actually purchased it all! :>)

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to mrsdriver5

Hiding sb.c packages? Nope. Until DH finds a way to hide his expensive corvette, I'm good.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Luvmyfam

What CrimsonMama said!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Luvmyfam

No. I mostly check with him before I order. If we can't afford it, he tells me and I wait until we can. That seems such an alien concept to most people these days, but that's how we were both brought up.

The only things I hide from him are gifts for his birthday and Christmas. And that's HARD!

Veteran
In response to RedSquirrel UK

My DH doesn't care, because he just spent $62K for a new pickup. That justifies scrap supplies for the rest of my life!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Mimiof123

• Mimiof123 Said:
My DH doesn't care, because he just spent $62K for a new pickup. That justifies scrap supplies for the rest of my life!

Edited by Doreena on 10-03-13 07:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert
In response to Doreena

I certainly don't go out of my way to tell him every little thing I buy...but it's pretty obvious because of how my scrappy space keeps expanding! When he does see a box (empty or full) and asks what it is I don't lie to him. I also take care of all of the finances so I know when it's ok and when it's not (he makes it...I spend it! But that includes the mortgage, utilities, food, clothes, toiletries, etc...)

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics