Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: kits/collections or....?        (Topic#1591325)
bonprof
Diva
bonprof

In the last year, I've been using a lot of kits and "collections". It seems to work better for me rather than using separate products for my layouts. What do you do?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to bonprof

They talked about this on the Paperclipping Roundtable podcast just this week - I'm not a kit-user but it was an interesting discussion, you might want to look it up.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to bonprof

I mainly buy paper by the collection kit now. If I feel like mixing and matching with other kits I can. If not I know it all goes together. I keep them in 2 gallon zip locks. As I use the pps I put the scraps right back in the zip lock. This way I always have it all together.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to andrea m

I like to buy my stuff separately and go from there. I've bought a few kits but I've never opened one of them - love putting them together myself.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Henri Jean

I have been using a lot of collections lately. However, I will make my own kits mixing and matching from different collections as well.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to GwynnAsbury

I've never used a kit. My 6x6 paper pads is a close as I get. Other than that, I get everything separate.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
I mainly buy paper by the collection kit now. If I feel like mixing and matching with other kits I can. If not I know it all goes together. I keep them in 2 gallon zip locks. As I use the pps I put the scraps right back in the zip lock. This way I always have it all together.

THIS THIS THIS! Of all my stash items, it's the collections that I keep together (and I do mix and match when I want) that get used up the fastest. Of course, I love to collect things separately, too, but collections are my favorite way to go.

merreena
Veteran
merreena
In response to Luvmyfam

I've never bought any kits but I've always wanted to try one. Anyways, for me, it is easier when I know what type of layout I want to do and usually use the papers from the same collection.

Edited by merreena on 10-03-13 07:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

I have kits but I tend to hoard them for something special. LOL like I don't think every LO is special.

I love to do my own thing.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
  • andrea m Said:

THIS THIS THIS! Of all my stash items, it's the collections that I keep together (and I do mix and match when I want) that get used up the fastest. Of course, I love to collect things separately, too, but collections are my favorite way to go.

I'm the same. I do have single papers, but that's the bag I go to the least. I really ought to have a clear out of it. I love my collection packs and pads.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to RedSquirrel

I've never bought a kit. I do buy 6x6 paper packs though.

Edited by crichards1 on 10-04-13 02:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert
In response to crichards1

The vast majority of my paper purchases are in collections--so easy to coordinate! I tried a kit club a few years ago and didn't like it. About the only time I buy open stock paper (other than adding some pieces to a collection I have...) is when I need something very specific, but not a lot of it--especially with Halloween or Easter papers because I never like an entire collection enough to buy it (don't do gory/creepy for Halloween or cutesy/pastels for Easter.)

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to HuskerMom98

I have done both: bought ALOT of kits & everything separate. You can get some great deals on the kits with sales & on clearance. For newbies, I think they're awesome because it's all there for you. I've gotten pretty choosy though & am now mostly trying to use up what I have, which is ALOT! My tastes have changed & I'm not drawn to the 'busy' paper patterns that tend to be in the kits like I once was.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to flwrgrl

I love kits!!! Especially the SB.com kits (no they aren't paying me to say this, LOL) because they include things like stamps, or inkers, or other items I wouldn't think to buy but would love to try. Sometimes I wind up loving that new product so much I start buying and using more of it! I think it's a good way to use something new that you were afraid of! (Hello washi!)

I also have subscribed to other kit clubs and have never been disappointed. I used to get one on a monthly basis but it got expensive so now I just buy a kit here and there throughout the year.

That being said, I have to SB.com kits in my cart as we speak! LOL!

Edited by Doreena on 10-04-13 06:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

fishdc
fishdc 
Veteran
fishdc
In response to Doreena

I have lots of supplies so sometimes I mix and match and make up my own. However, I have found over the last few years, I can put pages together so much faster if I use a kit or matching products. So, going forward I only buy kits or product that is by the same company and matches. I am so behind with my pages/scrapbooks and work full time now, used to work only 3 days a week and got a lot more scrappin' done! The kits really help me pull it together in a quick way.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Doreena

I noticed that the sb.com kits have so many differnet types of products. Very cool.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to bonprof

I have only recently started buying kits. Seems like you can get a lot for your money with a kit. I've found some great prices on kits at Scrapbook Steals and Peachy Cheap. It's like an addiction for me now - I just can't seem to say no to kits! I don't feel obligated to use the materials that come in a kit strictly with each other. I'll mix and match.

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to bonprof

Going to check out SB.com kits now. Thanks, enablers! :-)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Frau_Cooney

• Frau_Cooney Said:
Going to check out SB.com kits now. Thanks, enablers! :-)

You're welcome!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Doreena

I like to buy kits because a lot of times they're a better deal. But I do still have my good, old favorites that I get by themselves. I also prefer to buy paper by the stacks, but once in a blue moon I buy separate sheets if they are truly unique and gorgeous.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics