Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Scrapping Christmas!        (Topic#1591383)
kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I am anxiously awaiting Crate Paper's Bundled Up collection.....wondering which Christmas line you are loving this year?

How do you scrap Christmas....do you do one or two layouts? Do you have a separate book? Do you include in PL? Do you December Daily? Tell me about it!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to kiyawinn

Christmas has always been a challenge for me to scrap. I love the holiday but don't enjoy scrapping it.

This year I bought the new fancy pants merry little Christmas collection to scrap with and make my Christmas cards.

I have family albums that my Christmas lo go in.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to andrea m

I don't scrap Christmas directly. Last year I did 3 layouts about the cards and gifts I made, but that's about all. I do keep an 8x8 album about special ornaments and decorations.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

I scrap it like anything else. I don't buy collections, I buy individual sheets that appeal to me. I think Christmas last year was about 8 pages scrapped which includes Christmas eve. Other years it has been 1 or 2 pages. Depends on what we do. Last year we went to my mother's house and had loads of family so it needed about 8 pages.

Someone posted the neatest idea on here - they put a Christmas album together for all of Christmas every year and put it out for the holidays. I love that idea!

I am scanning in all my pages (nearly 2,000 of them) for printing into books right now and I will do one for holidays. Will be fun to see how things change from one Christmas to the next and especially how the little ones have grown from one Christmas to the next.

Since I'm scanning and printing I'll still have all the Christmas in my Chronological books so which I've already started printing.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:

Someone posted the neatest idea on here - they put a Christmas album together for all of Christmas every year and put it out for the holidays. I love that idea!

I am scanning in all my pages (nearly 2,000 of them) for printing into books right now and I will do one for holidays. Will be fun to see how things change from one Christmas to the next and especially how the little ones have grown from one Christmas to the next.

Henri, that's what I do....I have one album for Christmas (and one for Halloween)...I put all my Christmas layouts in the one book so we can look back on them and compare from year to year!
Since it's all Christmas, I also do layouts on our favourite Christmas recipes and decorations, as well as family stuff.....

Veteran
In response to kiyawinn

I, also, keep my Christmas layouts in special albums. I leave them out from Thanksgiving through New Year's and we love reminiscing and laughing at the previous years.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to kiyawinn

I keep my Christmas layouts in their chronological order, but I store the paper/stickers/embellishm ents etc separate so it's easy to locate. I like making my cards with the scraps.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to scrapchica

I don't need anymore Christmas paper or embellies but when I saw the new Tim Holtz Christmas stack I caved and had to have it!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to MrsAnnieS

Guess I need to look and see what is out there for Christmas - but I have so much Christmas. A little more won't hurt!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

I do just a few pages at the end of each year album. But I love the idea of putting all the Christmas pages together in one album and leaving it out. I might just do that, since my year albums are all getting a bit fat.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to RedSquirrel

I do 30-40 Christmas pages. It is one of the two times a year I get to spend time with my grandsons since they live so far away. I go crazy taking pictures of EVERYTHING we do. That's why I have so many pages. Well, that, and I LOVE Christmas and can't resist buying Christmas paper and embellishments! It is my favorite time of the year.

I have to say thought that I would love to have some fall pics of them to scrap. Unfortunately, my son and his wife are not into taking pics that I can scrap.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to idlewoman

Sometimes I feel like I'm pulling teeth to get pictures from the kids of our granddaughters! When I do they are usually iphone photos which aren't the best for scrapping although some turn out okay.

My son and his wife when to Disneyworld for our oldest granddaughters 2nd birthday - almost no pictures!

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

[quote=
My son and his wife when to Disneyworld for our oldest granddaughters 2nd birthday - almost no pictures!

That's too bad Henri Jean. I'll bet they'll be sorry one day.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to crichards1

I think they will regret not being better about taking pictures. She didn't even bring her camera to Florida with her - left it in Georgia. I lent her my smallest point and shoot and they got a few.

Fortunately they gat a lot of them getting the granddaughter's first haircut at Disney. They make a big deal out of it and give them a certificate which I scanned.

The only character she was photographed with was Goofy. The teacup picture is so dark and in shadows and I can't fix it so you can't even tell who is in it. Tried to make it usable but I can't.

At least the Goofy pictures are cute! They were there 3 days - got about 20 pictures total.

In many of them the baby's other grandmother is holding her and I really don't want to scrap the baby's other grandmother. I barely know her.

My daughter-in-law is great about taking a lot of phone pictures and sending them to me - especially on weekends but at Disney she just didn't take many pictures. I think they were overwhelmed - so much for a 2 year old.

Last time they took her they didn't take any pictures!

We went to Germany with them for 10 days before the baby was born. She did take her camera - did not take one picture! I gave her copies of all of mine.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

Some people just aren't picture takers, are they? I think I would have cried if my GD was at Disney World and no pictures came back home with her!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

If I had enough Christmas pictures I would do 30-40 pages too. I don't put any kind of limits on how many pages I scrap for anything. I just make enough to feel all my photos I want to display are scrapped. I know exactly what you mean idlewoman.

dsouze - for her first Christmas I got two really bad pictures - dark and a bit blurry (cell phone) of my son standing by the tree holding her. I had hoped for some of her hoping some of the things we sent to her but didn't get any Christmas morning ones. She didn't take them.

I guess pictures aren't important to everyone.

However, I get a lot of pumpkin patch pictures, I get zoo and children's museum pictures and last week I got picture pickin' apples. They are cell phone and not that great but I can use them.

I always get several in her Halloween costume which is nice.

I paid for her Tinkerbell costume this year with the understanding that she would have a picture made for me if she couldn't get a good one herself.

Since I bought it for her before her birthday and her birthday cake had Tinkerbell on it, she wore the little Tinkerbell costume when she blew out the candles on the cake then her mother took the dress off and put something on her that she could get cake all over.

They do send a lot of cell phone photos but neither one of them takes the time to get her in the right light or get her face in the photo. They are just random shots and usually she is in shadows or very blurry. But every once in a while I get a good one.

I sent her a sweater last week with a pumpkin face on it with a matching pumpkin cap - all in orange and green. Her mother bought her orange shoes with big white polka dots and I bought her a white turtle neck to go under the pumpkin sweater. My rules are - if I send clothes, I want pictures of her wearing them.

She promised. I also sent a cute outfit from Cracker Barrel with a cat on it and she promised to take pictures. Weather has to get a little cooler before she can wear it though.

Can't wait to get Halloween and pumpkin patch pictures to scrap! I always have fun with those.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

I get the iphone pics also. And sometimes they send videos which I enjoy but can't scrap. I asked her if she was going to get their pics with Santa and dil said 'oh, should I do that?' My response was, "well, only if you want pictures to look at when they are older!"

I have scrapped a 8x8 Christmas album for her and she loved it. I also just did a book for their summer visit on snapfish and had it priinted. She loved both of them but just doesn't get the picture taking thing.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to kiyawinn

Sorry for hijacking your post.

I was looking at some of the paper packs last night. It's just so hard for me to pick!! I love it all. I did like some of BoBunny's lines.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

I have coordinated (and paid for) two different professional photo shoots of my granddaughter. One when she was 4 months old and one when she was 10 months old. We also took her to see Santa when she was two months old at Christms for pictures and she wore the same little candy cane striped sleeper and hat that her daddy wore for his first Christmas 28 years earlier! She'll be one year old on Thursday and I'm planning to get her 1 year old picture made after this week is over and we are through with all the party preparations! My husband bought a Canon Rebel camera before my GD was born. He is like her personal photographer! Fortunately, we live close enough that we can get lots of pix of her. My son and daughter-in-law are like most young couples. Their finances just don't allow them to spend money on professional photographs, but I am more than happy to make it happen for them. They are always so appreciative and I know this is something that I can give them that will give them pleasure for a life time. Now, mind you, I only have the one son and right now the one grandchild! I might not be able to do as much if I had a dozen!

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to idlewoman

I love scrapping xmas because of my 5 year grandson. He brings a special light to our family. I have a family album where i put everything. And i have been using my iphone since my camera broke. It takes fairly good photos, and sometimes you just take the photos you can get. I use collections as i like everything to tie together.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics