Username Post: Surprise in the mail today        (Topic#1591397)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Was surprised to find a padded envelope in the mail for Bill today from Vienna, Austria. In the return address place it just has in green handwriting "from Vienna" and the back has a stamp for the American Embassy in Vienna.

Inside - there was Bill's wallet. When we were there 4 months ago we were at the train station which is in a horrible neighborhood. We had a long wait for our train so Bill made several runs across the street to McDonalds - once for burgers, once for ice cream sundaes and the last time he ran to get something for us to munch on when we got on the train and also changed from his long pants to shorts in the men's room. It's free - at the train station its a Euro to go in the restrooms.

He brought food back and then realized he left his favorite wallet in the men's room when he changed. He carries 2 wallets when we travel, one around his neck under his clothes where he keeps all money, credit cards etc and a fake one with IDs, maybe a couple dollar or Euros and other things to make it look like his real wallet.

He had all cash and credit cards in the wallet around his neck but he had put some things back in his good wallet since we were going to be on the train and then on the military base in Venice.

Most of his ID was in the wallet - his driver's license, his Scuba diving certification, his firearms proficiency card and a few, his retired police office card, PI license for Arizona and a few other things.

However he had both of our military IDs (he carries them both when we travel through military bases because we have to get them out so often it is easier for one person to have both of them together) - for some reason both IDs were missing. His $300 gift card from WalMart was missing.

Bill sent a nice thank-you letter to the embassy in Vienna a few minutes ago. I asked if he wrote it in German or English. He wrote it in German but said that he put some English on the bottom in case they couldn't understand his German - its been a long time since he used it.

Anyway he started to throw the letter in German from them away. The only thing in English is a stamp that says, "Enclosed please find yuour lost/stolen and recovered items sent to this Embassy by the Austrian police for forwarding to you".

Then he stopped and said, "Did you want this letter in German for any reason - like to for scrapping?"

I told him, "Of course I want it. And the envelope it came in!"

Now I have something else to scrap.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Henri Jean

Well at least he got the wallet back. Sorry he lost it in the first place.

Pink Spoonbill
Diva
Pink Spoonbill
In response to Sneezy1956

What a great story. How wonderful DH got his wallet back at all. I had to laugh at him though. Being a spouse to a scrapper, he does the same thing as my DH. "Do you nee this for a page?" I'm

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Pink Spoonbill

Yep - he asked me last night if I want it for my scrapbook. They learn so easily sometimes.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Henri Jean

Wow! Henri, that's some story. And so great you can scrap it!

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to scrapperbee

I'm glad he got the wallet back, but I must admit after reading the entire post, my first immediate thought was, "Oh my gosh, I wonder what kind of paper she'll use...."

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 4tgrfans

Oh Keri - you really made me laugh! I have paper and embellies for Austria and I have papers with passports all over them. Don't know yet. Seems I have some diecuts that say Austria too but I'll have to check.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics