Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Getting Organized! Finally!        (Topic#1591407)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I organized all my brads by color taking them out of packing with a mixture of colors as well as those stupid boxes where the different colors jump into the other compartments - all by themselves! I hate the boxes with compartments.

This is a plastic box for sorting beads from the jewelry dept of Joanns or one of the box stores - each color has its own jar with a cap. If going to a crop I can just throw in the tiny jar I need.

Getting Organized! By Henri Jean

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Henri Jean

Very cool!! Its a great feeling being organized!!

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to bonprof

I finally figured out that the way I scrap it works for me to organize everything by color. I have all my brads, buttons, flowers, beads, bling, etc that are the same color in one box. When I scrap I pull whatever color box I need and it is all there. EXCEPT I haven't figured out the ribbon thing. They are the bane of my scrapbook organization.

Veteran
In response to idlewoman

I have decided that I truly need to organize by color, since that's the way I seem to scrap. Now I just have to make myself go in there and do it. I should be finished by, say, 2042. I'll be 89!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Mimiof123

Isn't that funny, I've tried organizing by color and for some reason it just doesn't click with me. I do better when I categorize things like "small brads" "medium brads" "large brads". This looks so good though. You'll know where everything is.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to olleharr

That is super funny. That is how I have been storing mine. However, at my last trip to the bead section I found the compartment boxes only they had tracks built into the lids to ensure that the stuff stays in their designated compartments.... so I bought some of those and have been switching my stroage containers out.....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GwynnAsbury

I bought some of these boxes with the little round screw-type jars and I really like them. I can just drop on little jar in my scrap bag or pocket when I run out the door.

I can't sort everything by color - when I get the brads in red and flowers in red and ribbon and buttons in red and all the other little things in red - the container would be so big I'd never find anything.

I have to keep flower together, buttons together, brads together and then have a container or way of sorting those items by color. Then I can grab red flowers or red brads or red buttons.

But it would be too overwhelming to put everything together by color. Just too much stuff her for that. I have the equivalent of a small scrapbook store here I think! Its getting to that point anyway!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

I bought this organizer for my brads and eyelets when I first started scrapbooking and I have to say that it has met my every need as far as keeping my brads organized. I could probably use two of them now! I also like the Bo Bunny brads (because I just like anything Bo Bunny!) that come in the containers that have a magnet bottom. Can't tell you how many times that magnetic bottom has come in handy to pick up spilled brads!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

I like the magnetic container - what a great idea!

Veteran

My DIL went into my scrap room last weekend and screamed. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she thought I had more stuff than Michael's. I don't know if that was a good thing or not...

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Mimiof123

• Mimiof123 Said:
My DIL went into my scrap room last weekend and screamed. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she thought I had more stuff than Michael's. I don't know if that was a good thing or not...

I would take it as a compliment!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr

I have magnetic board with the little containers and I love it! The windows lets me see everything.
Too funny Mimiof123! Now she knows where to get the best deals. LOL!

Veteran
In response to olleharr

That's what she and my daughter both think. Don't go to the store when you can shop at mom's for free!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mimiof123

Now I feel like I don't have a lot. Maybe I should go buy some more!

Love the little containers Lisa.

aubrieannie
Veteran
aubrieannie

Oh I love those containers on the magnetic board! How cool!

Veteran
In response to olleharr

I love the idea of having this many goodies at your fingertips. Where did you find the magnetic board?

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Mimiof123

I got the magnetic board at Office Max and the containers at Michaels in the wedding isle. They're actually party favor tins and I just bought a roll of Magnet tape to stick on the backs.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to olleharr

Now that is clever!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

I started using the Scrap Rack system about 6-7 years ago...and love it so much.. I sort by color for basic embellishments. Also sort by Holidays/happenings: Easter, Xmas, Birthdays, Travel, etc.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sunnydi

Don't you need a lot of space for that? I've heard good things about it.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics